PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bentleysmom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bentleysmom
Need memory help

I'm hoping one of you guys/gals can help me. I'm not sure if this should go on another board, but because it's with my Omnia, figured I'd start here.

I'm having an issue with my main memory. It's at 90% and I can't figure out the issue. Everything I've installed (which isn't a lot) when given an option, I've installed it to My Storage.

I've even downloaded MemMaid, and cleaned everything up I could, and I'm still running that high.

The problem started when I chose to sync all of my calendar items through active sync/mdc. But I know there's gotta be people out there that have more appointments in their calendar than I do. There's gotta be another reason why I'm eating up so much space. But I can't figure it out.

I'm afraid even if I do a hard reset, I'm still going to end up with the same result once I sync it.

Can anyone help???
Old 12-12-2009, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work
Re: Need memory help

If you're running the stock ROM, there's not much space left on the "My Device" portion where the system is located. You should install as many programs as you can to My Storage unless it is making a low level system modification. Do you have a lot of text messages or emails stored on the phone? That might be taking up space. You can also delete the stock ringtones to save a few MB.
But now that I reread your post, if your 90% is for RAM usage, that's a different story. That would be caused by other programs running, whether included with the phone or ones that you've downloaded. Disable the TouchWiz widgets if you haven't and see if that lowers the percentage. Unless, of course, you are talking about storage. It's not clear to me which one you're talking about.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia1

mark elmore is keeping up the good workmark elmore is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

nitrous,how does one delete the stock ringtones? when i hold on them in windows copy,play,whatever is there but cut and delete are grayed out and i get the error clink tone when i press them. heck thats about 4-5 mbs alone saved on storage if i can get rid of them
OP sent/saved emails with attachments can fill up storage memory quickly too

thanks
Old 12-13-2009, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Threadstarter

bentleysmom is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bentleysmom
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

sorry for the confusion, it's main memory that's at 95%. Do you think going to a cooked ROM at this point would be my best bet? I've never flashed before. but i'm willing to try anything at this point.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia I910
Carrier: Big Red V

GriffinSOAR is just getting started

new rom would be the way to go you could always go back to the original cc20 if you did not like the rom. let me know if you need any help. help out where I can. I have tried a lot of the roms in here and ALL of these cooks are great. Make sure you back up any files,mp3 or whatever first.

In the forums you will find a section on how to flash your phone.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

if u dont want to use a custom rom u could always use these two programs cleanram and clear temp!! also

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia1

mark elmore is keeping up the good workmark elmore is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

i really like the cleanram. since installing it about a month ago ive only HAD to do 1 softreset vs about every other day before due to freeze ups.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

rfarrah is keeping up the good workrfarrah is keeping up the good work

I tried several things and finally went with a different ROM. Problem solved so completely you can load anything you want, wherever you want. I've had the best luck with Waremike's 28011 M2D2 ROM, (Link below) but there are lots of great Chefs out there cooking.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-s...ms-waremike32/
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia