PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
Re: HOW TO: Gain Root Access on CL14 Out-The-Box and Backup/Restore Customizations

ugh now i cant get connected. i uninstalled everything and reinstalled, but some drivers didnt install. i need to find a new computer and start really fresh
Old 03-02-2010, 03:31 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: HOW TO: Gain Root Access on CL14 Out-The-Box and Backup/Restore Customizations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
ugh now i cant get connected. i uninstalled everything and reinstalled, but some drivers didnt install. i need to find a new computer and start really fresh
Did you have or do you have PC Studio installed?
Go to your Add/Remove Program and see if there are any Samsung Drivers listed, if so remove them... what version of Windows are you running?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

SAShady is keeping up the good workSAShady is keeping up the good work

Also make sure you flash to 14.1 just released now. There was a problem in 14 with adb not working in recovery mode
Old 03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAShady View Post
Also make sure you flash to 14.1 just released now. There was a problem in 14 with adb not working in recovery mode
Ah ha, that's why I received the text message...
Man I got all excited I thought we were getting 2.1!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAShady View Post
i have windows 7.
can you put a link to it?

the pc studio is not installed. i deleted all the drivers, but cant get connected to the samsung update.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:56 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
i have windows 7.
can you put a link to it?

the pc studio is not installed. i deleted all the drivers, but cant get connected to the samsung update.
If you cannot get connected do the following
Close the SWUpgrade program, unplug your phone from the computer
browse to C:\PROGRAM FILES\SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS\SWUPGRADE\DRIVER
double click SAMSUNG_MOMENT_USB_DRIVER(V5.2.0.0)_V1.2.1060.0.MS I and install it
Reboot after you've installed the drivers
When your computer comes up, try again.
Remember it's important to follow the steps that SWUpgrade gives you in order to be successful...
Old 03-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Lurker

advantageinv is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to advantageinv
Re: [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on CL14 Out-The-Box and Backup/Restore Customization

Worked perfect for me using Win 7x64.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:25 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Re: [HOW TO] Gain Permanent Root on CL14 Out-The-Box and Backup/Restore Customization

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantageinv View Post
Worked perfect for me using Win 7x64.
that's great, did you backup your customization and see if you could restore it too?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

landerson is a n00b

Hi
I just noticed that you are online. I'm considering buying this phone and I was wondering if someone with less than a newbie's knowledge about android, etc, perform this task. I don't know a thing about cell phones.
Thanks
Old 03-03-2010, 10:01 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by landerson View Post
Hi
I just noticed that you are online. I'm considering buying this phone and I was wondering if someone with less than a newbie's knowledge about android, etc, perform this task. I don't know a thing about cell phones.
Thanks
I think that if you follow the instructions I've published, you would be able to root your phone even being a newbie.
Of course that's what I'm saying because I'm kind of partial to my own how to for obvious reasons.

It seems most of the people that are having problems have previously installed Samsung Moment drivers which make things a little more difficult.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment