PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Intercept

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
12/18 - **Official Download**- Android 2.2 (DL05)

*Update* 12/18/10:
**Sprint Only!!!

Thanks to some nifty thinking by IceMank121 on irc and Apothecaryaaron for having logcat running when the update hit we have the zip for the official 2.2 update.

This still has to be installed with a bone stock 2.1 phone. A quick way to get to stock is here: *OFFICIAL* SPH-M910_MR_DF27_REL_156.tar.md5 - xda-developers (Remove .md5 and flash thru SWupdater)

You have to use the stock recovery. (thats why its named update.zip)PLACE IN ROOT FOLDER OF SD CARD NOT SDX/ZIP and flashed just like everything else. This has been confirmed 3 times to work.
Will not lose data!

Please flash at your own risk I am not responsible for what happens

Download: HERE
For root see here: Sprint Intercept w/Froyo permanent root using epic expoit

1.png (142.12 kB, 240x400 - viewed 17 times.)

2.png (154.72 kB, 240x400 - viewed 15 times.)

3.png (16.68 kB, 240x400 - viewed 16 times.)

4.png (13.38 kB, 240x400 - viewed 18 times.)

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 12-18-2010 at 01:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:19 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Android 2.2 released according to Sprint!

Samsungs site doesnt even list what platform lol...

Shouldve got her an Optimus S.. walmart was giving them away for free plus giving $100 gift card.. I picked one up for my gf..
Old 12-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Samsungs site doesnt even list what platform lol...

Shouldve got her an Optimus S.. walmart was giving them away for free plus giving $100 gift card.. I picked one up for my gf..
Finally 2.2 is out for intercept

Update:
Sorry to inform everybody, but the 2.2 update is a complete misprint according to Sprint and will be fixed asap.
Thanks for getting our hopes up Sprint FAIL!!

Old 12-09-2010, 04:48 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Finally 2.2 is out for intercept

Update:
Sorry to inform everybody, but the 2.2 update is a complete misprint according to Sprint and will be fixed asap.
Thanks for getting our hopes up Sprint FAIL!!

If you look at the thread you linked it says SHipped wth 2.2 and flash can be done in-stores...

where did you get that its a misprint?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:01 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

anybody got a link to the file if it exists???

my girlfriend has it and loves it. a 2.2 upgrade should do her good
Old 12-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
If you look at the thread you linked it says SHipped wth 2.2 and flash can be done in-stores...

where did you get that its a misprint?
I called Sprint 3 times and that is what the first guy told me also, so I was hopefull however I found it strange that I could not find any other evidence on the net that this was true so I called Samsung and they told me there definitely was NO 2.2 update or release date for the Intercept. Then I called Sprint 2 more times to get 2 more reps stating there is NO 2.2 update available and dont see anything in their system of an upcoming 2.2 update, and the last update was back in october and told me the Sprint site must be a misprint and they would contact corporate to have the typo fixed asap.
Too bad.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hi Hypnotic,

Does your wife have a lot of apps installed? I have 2 of these for my kids and I've found once the internal phone memory goes below 20MB or so, the phone acts flaky.

To combat that, I did this to both of their phones and it's worked out great:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/newreply.p...te=1&p=2012188

Additional mods I made to their phones (in the order I applied them):
1) Inxane kernel
2) Inxane recovery
3) JIT
4) Deodex

Then the above (move Dalvik cache).

Much better than stock.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday
Re: Android 2.2 December 17th release date confirmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
*Update* 12/16/10:
Samsung Intercept's Froyo update may come starting Dec. 17

Have a Sprint Samsung Intercept and are still waiting on Android 2.2? Looks like it's just about here. In addition to the second-newest Android operating system (sorry, but we're all going to have to get used to that), you get a few bugfixes, including one for dropped calls, force closes on messages, inability to access google.com (really!?!?), phone contacts, and TeleNav GPS has been added. And because it's Froyo, wireless tethering is available -- for an extra $29.99 a month. If the date in the Sprint Playbook is to believed, we should start seeing updates in the next day or so.
Hope it gets ported to Vm soon
Old 12-17-2010, 01:45 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Has anyone gotten the update on the intercept yet?

Though I wish the processor was able to take advantage of Froyo's hardware acceleration ..oh well...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Has anyone gotten the update on the intercept yet?

Though I wish the processor was able to take advantage of Froyo's hardware acceleration ..oh well...

Update: This release is pushed from Google and may be released in waves, so you may
not see it on your device immediately.

Samsung Intercept:12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Intercept