PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pocket PC
Carrier: Carrier

Nvidia is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromda View Post
I have modified some Task6 V2 dlls with the hawaiianBattery and the speaker from Task6 V1. Please give it a try.
Man, you've made my day, i don't know how to say THANK YOU, that's good for me, it's just perfect.

I've made 2 cabs, so there is one with HTC logo and other with Vista Orb logo.

Last edited by Nvidia; 03-29-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:46 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
QVGA, (new TB)

i been working on this 4 a couple days, so i'm gonna post it up. (2 speaker options, new text, new multi-message, new roaming, new charging battery, edited a few icons)

more info on the icons and download herehttp://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=613

hope you like
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Foots is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
K, no0b question but what is rA? What does it replace in tapres.192.dll?
It replaces the E icon or the 22221.ico in the tapres.192.dll. Alltel Touch Pro's use a rA icon to signal when you are on Rev-A. I'm not sure if the Sprint or Verizon TP's do that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafush View Post
The white text in tsowentaskbar6v2.1 is almost unreadable. If we could just get those battery graphics with black text, I think that they'd be perfect.

Yes,Yes,Yes. Tsowen please black text in batery icon.
Yes I know already!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
why are the last 2 battery icon sets in the v6 elite series have white lines on the sides of the batteries??? Only the battery icons have this problem.... is there a way to edit them out? THey are never on the previews but once the cab is installed it always has white lines on the edges of the icons...

using a diamond cdma phone
We already know this, its not the final release was just a "temporary" fix since everyone was impatient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre@mer View Post
Hi tsowen, i just discover this beautiful taskbar, but i need a fix for the volume like "Task Bar 5 Volume Fix", is it possible or it already exists ?
thanks in advance.
Sorry forgot about my European friends, yes I will get the fix posted so your font isn't real large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyin86 View Post
yepp being patient would be a nice idea cause i'v sent new battery icons and many other improved icons to tsowen last week. as soon as he gets free, he'll release the new version.
Thanks sunny, I have made all the changes so far and we will work the battery together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmmarie View Post
tsowen and crew I would like to appologize to you guys on behalf of my fellow ppcgeeks. I have followed this thread since day one and you guys have given so much of your time to us and released some amazing work. I logged in this morning and was saden to see you relased an update and after that there has been nothing but complaining and some guy throwing it in your face he switched from your taksbar to misfortunes. You have not posted since then and I don't blam you. Its also sad so many have downloaded from you 126 times and 10 people have even thanked you. I dont have much money but would like to make a small donation to you since you do all this amazing work for free. I hope in the future people can be more respectful to you and supportive and not sit here and pick at your hardwork or complain about it the whole time.
Thank you for your support and kind words, Gadgetfreak has decided to take a little time off and away from things for a minute. I do think people foreget this is done in our free time and I was not ready to release but went ahead anyways hoping for some patients as we fixed the small things. Next time I will wait until everything is 100% as I have learned my lesson this time. Also thanks in advance for the donation and don't worry about amount. Any donation is appreciated and goes towards software I use to make these taskbars.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

neverblink is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex42590 View Post
you just have to change your signal bars from 7 to 5 or h to 7 use a reg editor just do a simple google search on how to do this, if your stock is 7 lines then make it 5 if your stock is 5 lines make it 7, understand? let me kno if you run in to any problems ill help you out this happened to me pleanty times it a simple fix
thanks for helping me out Alex42590.
i downloaded phm regedit and i go through the steps described earlier in this post

"Registry Hack to Change from Sprint 7 Bars to Telus 5 Bars (only 6 & 4 bars show up)
<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="SignalStrengthLevel" datatype="integer" value="5"/>
</characteristic>

5 = Telus Thick bars
7= Sprint Skinny Bars"

but i only get as far as getting into the cdma folder...i don't know where to go from there? thanks again for any info u can pass down

i just noticed that the signal icon does change to the one in misfortune's pack, but only while i'm in a call. once i hang up, the icon reverts to stock...

Last edited by neverblink; 03-30-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: more info
Old 03-30-2009, 05:26 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Thank you for your support and kind words, Gadgetfreak has decided to take a little time off and away from things for a minute. I do think people foreget this is done in our free time and I was not ready to release but went ahead anyways hoping for some patients as we fixed the small things. Next time I will wait until everything is 100% as I have learned my lesson this time. Also thanks in advance for the donation and don't worry about amount. Any donation is appreciated and goes towards software I use to make these taskbars.

Hi everyone. Yes, I have taken a little time away from everything. Over the last week, I have come very close to walking away from this project due to the behavior, poor and demanding attitudes and a general sense of frustration at the lack of appreciation. I'm still not totally convinced that I want to continue, but to put things in perspective, I have a son that just turned 2, a wife that works 60 hours a week, I and have been job hunting/unemployeed for 4 freakin' months Finally starting a new position on 4-1! Yay!). So I think I can be forgiven for getting a little stressed. I genuinely enjoy helping everyone, but I wasn't born with this knowledge, I learned it through trial and error and asking questions about how could I do this myself, not 'can you change/do/fix this'. All of us on the TB6 team are pretty discouraged by the negative attitudes and the constant complaints. It's frustrating and it really doesn't do a lot to encourage us to keep going.

So, please, be respectful, and please be aware of what you are asking.We switched out something approaching 550 individual icons. One at a time. Resized, edited, created, you name it. So before you pop of about how this TB stinks and you are switching to someone else (which is fine, btw, hope you enjoy it), take a moment to think about the work that we put into this. Yes, not everyone is going to like it. Personal styles are just that: PERSONAL. It's not an insult to you that we didn't make the taskbar just the way you wanted it. Sorry, if you want it exactly how you want it to look, it's time to learn how to do this yourself. Don't take it out on us or the other developers. That's not cool, and it discourages others from wanting to try this. This is also why ROM chefs bail out and stop posting as well.

I'm sorry if this has been a bit rambling, but It's somethings that I felt I needed to say. And to those of you that have been nothing but supportive, or willing to dig in and learn, THANKS!

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:28 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Re: QVGA (NEW version, 3/29/09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
lol, now i'm startin 2 have sum fun. (2 contribute 2 the forum i'm gonna keep posting the taskbars i work on)

THANK YOU, THE VETS, 4 YOUR HELP AND PATIENCE!!!

ALL CREDIT GOES 2:tsowen & his help (used his tb6 elite as a base 2 start off of); gadget & his help (for his conversion of tb6 elite 2 QVGA); nelly (used his battery); htcleener (used his bluetooth icons); & any1 else i forget (SORRY). i forget who i got the speakers from (let me know and i'll edit your name in)
multi-message, bluetooth, activesync, vibrate, charge
multi-message, bluetooth, 1x, speaker, battery
voicemail, bluetooth, Ev, speaker, battery
missed call, flight mode, silent, battery
text, Ev, vibrate, battery
e-mail, Ev, vibrate, battery
To Do: LTB
Attachment 27594: BT & dll's inside

v1speakerbox (using TB6 elite as a base, w/ modded/edited icons)
Changes: battery charging, speaker(silent, vibrate), darken Ev, roaming, darken e-mail, text, multi-message
e-mail, roaming, 1x, speaker(silent), charging
text, Ev, speaker(vibrate), battery
multi-message, Ev, speaker, battery
To do: LTB, matching BT
Attachment 27778: dll's inside

v1.1boxspeaker (same as above, except 4 changes)
Changes: speaker(silent, vibrate)
Ev, speaker(silent), battery
Ev, speaker(vibrate), battery
Ev, speaker, battery
To do: LTB, matching BT
Attachment 27779: dll's inside

Pls give me sum feedback, Thank You
These look solid, bro! A great addition to the community!

Quote:
i been working on this 4 a couple days, so i'm gonna post it up. (2 speaker options, new text, new multi-message, new roaming, new charging battery, edited a few icons)

more info on the icons and download herehttp://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=613

hope you like
Still looking good!

Quote:
i believe gadget is/was working on 1, there was talk bout this w/ your rom in the last 2-3 pages i believe.
I'll keep you posted on my progress. I have had no time to work on this.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:13 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
QVGA (updated 3/30/09)

check/download here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=613

i edited and changed a few icons in my taskbar (roaming, speakers, etc.)
Old 03-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlakerBoi View Post
as incredible as it may sound, two days of posts were gone down the toilet and nobody says anything... i cant believe this is happening. really upset.
previously i mentioned that, if possible, we should start looking into vamping the windows taskbar itself. it was also mentioned that tsk files are responsible for that, which isn't completely correct as tsk files cannot add background images to the taskbar.
a designer has created this fake transparent glass effect for the windows taskbar using wisbar. it's not a real transparency, he managed to precisely combine manila2d background with the windows top and bottom bars.
something tells me it might be possible to achieve a similar effect without the use of wisbar and i invite everyone to jump in this process with me. ideas, suggestions...
here's an example:

and i pray for God someone has backed up the forum today, but just in case, i'm saving this post in a doc file. unbelieavable.
From XDA, anyone interested in helping or working on this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2225
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Here is the HTCVolumecontrol.dll fix for those who are not US/UK and after installing my cab have the Extra Large Font as seen in the picture below:

Just simply unzip and install the cab and soft reset.

Edit: This was made for tsowetaskbar6v2 if you need one with the original speakers PM and I will post it up.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tsowen taskbar6v2 volume fix.zip (29.8 KB, 695 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tsowen; 03-30-2009 at 10:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes