PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 07:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Dual

samadhi23 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar QVGA

i got nerly the same problem.

QVGA Device (HTC Touch Dual)

In GSM-Mode the Signal-icon is stock. During call and when the phone is off there are the custom icons. somebody can solve this problem??? i took some screenshots to show u what i mean:

standart GSM-mode (phone is on) - signalicon is stock

now during call - signal is custom

now phone is off - signal is custom too

who can help???

greetz sam

Last edited by samadhi23; 03-13-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:55 AM
azahidi

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by azahidi View Post
Hi everyone,
I have this problem. For the last 6 days, my taskbar icon is behaving strange. The service icons (G, 3G, H and E) change to the default icons by itself, while the phone is ON. The others (battery, speaker, antenna) are OK. I realised this when waking up in the morning, so I guess it changes some time at midnight. When I restart (or reset), the customised icons (in phcanoverbmp) appears again. When I invoke the data connection, the customised icons come back, but changes to default again in the morning. Any idea why this is happening ??
I use this phcanoverbmp modified from Gadgetfreak (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Do you know if the G, 3G, H and E icons have been changed in all of the dlls that they appear in? Shellres.92, shellres.92.dll.mui, HTCLTB.dll, etc? It sounds like to me that on a GSM phone, the actice data connections are covered by the phcanoverbmp.dll, while possilby another dll covers them when the data connection is inactive. (and yes, that is a guess...)
Quote:
Hi gadgetfreak,
Thanks for the reponse. The thing is when I invoke data connection (or reset without data conn), the icon returns, and stays there even when I close data conn. So I think it's still covered by phcanoverbmp regardless on data connection or not. Then after a few hrs (no definitive time) it converts to default icons by itself. I haven't actually looked into the dll's. I just observed the taskbar. I'll look at the dll's and see if any have been changed and report.
Ok, I had a peek into the dll's (phcanoverbmp, shellres.96.dll and shellres.96.dll.0409.mui). Everything seem intact. The customised icons are in phcanoverbmp. The other icons in other dll's are as in stock except for the antenna, wait cursor and windows icon. I remember modifying only the phcanoverbmp and shellres.96.dll.0409.mui (to modify the start icon).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:16 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Ok, I had a peek into the dll's (phcanoverbmp, shellres.96.dll and shellres.96.dll.0409.mui). Everything seem intact. The customised icons are in phcanoverbmp. The other icons in other dll's are as in stock except for the antenna, wait cursor and windows icon. I remember modifying only the phcanoverbmp and shellres.96.dll.0409.mui (to modify the start icon).
I'm going through every dll, icon by icon. I've made a couple of changes to the phcanoverbmp.dll. I'll be back online in a bit, but for now I've got to shut down due to a thunderstorm.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:50 AM
The Inspector Mod

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Samadhi & azahidi,

I would like for you to try the dlls and mui file in this zip. I went through and changed every GSM signal icon I could. I know that this will probably change you Start Icon and your batterys since this is based of the most complete set that I have for QVGA, the Block Icons that I am currently using. Please let me know about the results!
Attached Files
File Type: zip gsm.zip (326.7 KB, 39 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by datafanatic View Post
Tsowen, i wonder if you could help me with a little issue? It's concerning the outres.dll and i've searched high and low to find an answer to no avail.

Let me explain what happens -

I first install sdkcerts.cab, then your excellent taskbar3v1.4, then soft reset. All goes well, all icons show up and the contacts summary page is ok.

I unsign the outres.dll as i want to change the email and sms icon, then resign and copy over to \windows folder, then soft reset. This is where the problem arises, the contact summary page is blank!!! If i delete the outres.dll file so that the original one comes back into play, all is ok with the contacts summary. All other dll's that i unsign, modify and resign work perfectly!!

Please help as this is driving me nuts!!! I'm running kwbr's A Touch Of HD rom 3.4.1 on a GSM HD (i appreciate you are mainly a CDMA man, but the taskbar works for me (except CDMA_RSSI_PPC, obviously)) so i'm quite happy other than outres.dll not playing ball.

There aren't that many icons in this dll, so i don't know what is causing this annoying problem (different signing, not signed?). Is there something in your _setup.xml which allows only your outres.dll to work?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated (from anyone!!)

Regards

DF
I recently asked Darklord69 over at XDA to post up his HD files so I can have a look at them but he has not yet. In my setup.xml it is not specific to my outres.dll and should work on your device as it has other HD users. To my knowledge all files but the cdma_rssi_ppc.dll should work. If you want post up your modified outres and when I get home tonight I can give it a peek and see if I notice anything. I am not sure what relation this file would have to your contact page as that should be a manila file and not the outres. Did my original outres work for you and just not the modified one or both? Here is the HD thread at XDA as well for taskbar's http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=468174
Old 03-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD2
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

datafanatic is a n00b

Thanks for the info.

I've just reinstalled the taskbar and yes, the original outres.dll in your cab works fine (just received an sms and the correct icon comes up).

I checked with Resco Explorer and the outres.dll in Windows is the correct size (ie your outres.dll). What was interesting is that when i start to copy over my modified dll, the file it wants to replace is the original windows one (515kb as opposed to your 525kb). I would have thought that it would try to replace your file. I then get a warning that outres.dll is in the rom and i could damage my system. I'm assuming this is where the problem arises when 2 dll's are fighting against each other?

Here is my outres.dll (all i've done is added the last icon, email with + symbol, and applied a detail filter to the existing sms and email icons, nothing special - file size is 529kb signed).

Thanks again for looking into this, can't wait for an update to what i feel is the best taskbar for the HD.

Regards

DF

PS: I don't suppose i could have copies of your coloured backgrounds used in taskbar3v1.4 (blank ones), as i would like to match things up (at the moment i'm using volume icons from the Q series X1 and the blue is a different shade - anal i know, but hey). Thanks again
Attached Files
File Type: zip outres.192.zip (104.8 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by datafanatic View Post
Thanks for the info.

I've just reinstalled the taskbar and yes, the original outres.dll in your cab works fine (just received an sms and the correct icon comes up).

I checked with Resco Explorer and the outres.dll in Windows is the correct size (ie your outres.dll). What was interesting is that when i start to copy over my modified dll, the file it wants to replace is the original windows one (515kb as opposed to your 525kb). I would have thought that it would try to replace your file. I then get a warning that outres.dll is in the rom and i could damage my system. I'm assuming this is where the problem arises when 2 dll's are fighting against each other?

Here is my outres.dll (all i've done is added the last icon, email with + symbol, and applied a detail filter to the existing sms and email icons, nothing special - file size is 529kb signed).

Thanks again for looking into this, can't wait for an update to what i feel is the best taskbar for the HD.

Regards

DF

PS: I don't suppose i could have copies of your coloured backgrounds used in taskbar3v1.4 (blank ones), as i would like to match things up (at the moment i'm using volume icons from the Q series X1 and the blue is a different shade - anal i know, but hey). Thanks again
I'll give it a shot and yes you may have copies of the blank backgrounds, in this zip file you will find the grey, blue and red .ico's feel free to use and abuse these at your will!
Attached Files
File Type: zip New Folder.zip (3.6 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Dual

samadhi23 is a n00b

hey mates,

@ tsowen, gadgetfreak & darren...

i found the GSM icon in the shellres.96.dll.0409.mui and changed it for my self ... thx tsowen for his great "how-to" on the first site!

sceen:

now, just the sms notifaction left! everthiy else is fine now!!! thank u all for your help!!!

i ' stay tuned for new taskbaricons ^^
Old 03-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: vodafone

Makeveral is a n00b

Hi! I got a little problem with tsowen icons (tsowentaskbar3V1.4).
They are great tsowen!

Well the problem is that after some hours of using the phone the network icon changes to "disconected" (when it should be a G or 3G) and wont change anymore until i turn on/off the phone from the commanager.I upload a picture so you can see what i mean.

I'm using my custom ROM so maybe this is not releated to your icons?
I hope someone can point me to the right direction! is the last bug i want to fix

Last edited by Makeveral; 03-14-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:41 AM
The Inspector Mod

Quote:
Hi gatgetfreak
I've intalled the files. Sadly it did not turn out well. Result as follows:
Changed - HTC Start icon, H G 3G E, Active Sync Synchronising, data connected (but character not visible), Waitcursor

Not changed - Wifi (stock), battery (stock - shows full when actual is 70%), Signal strength, antenna (stock), Active Sync Synchronised (stock) Phone Calling icon, speaker (htcvolumecontrol.dll), Data connecting (stock)

Note: Mine is a Jade (qvga). Your battery icons are 32x32. is this the reason?

Hmmmm. The size of the icons shouldn't have mattered. I'm using the exact same dlls on my Touch Vogue and they display fine. I knew that certain icons were going to change for you by using those 3 files since they are based off of my set that is currently on my phone. I did not use your modified version yet as I just wanted to primarily see if the data icons would stay modified overnight, or would they convert back to stock. The battery probably needs Tsowen's reg edit on the first post but active sync, wifi, and the battery should have changed with the phcanoverbmp dll and shellres mui that I posted for you. weird. I'll cab my entire package with the mods I made to the GSM icons up when I get a chance today that way you can try a whole system replacement out and see if some of these issues remain.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes