PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Alwaysbelieve1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Alwaysbelieve1 Send a message via Yahoo to Alwaysbelieve1
Quote:
Originally Posted by konceptz
Funny yes!
Done, yes!

But really, the only reason someone couldn't make this one, is because they don't have Photoshop.....

Works best in Widescreen mode.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1166648188
Wow! That is perfect. Thank you so much!

This seems to be very easy for you. If you would offer a step by step tutorial I would be indebted to you- mostly concerning the photoshop part.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n900
Carrier: tmobile

konceptz is a n00b
Quote:
Wow! That is perfect. Thank you so much!

This seems to be very easy for you. If you would offer a step by step tutorial I would be indebted to you- mostly concerning the photoshop part.
TYVM.

As far as a tutorial, I can do a simple one.

I just start with a 320x320 blank image with resolution set at 100 and 16bits color.

Then add whatever you want, making sure to remember that it will display in 320x240 and 240x320.

I found that small icon-type images seem to look nice on the screen for bootup, similar to those icons that pop up when OSX starts.

Start with a good background, that will display nicely in both modes, and add layers on top of it.

Save the project and save as a PNG file. Then follow the instructions for our phones. You're done!

I hope this helps.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Guys, I'm going to move this to the Themes section.

When I first posted this the Apache forum was really the only major one we had but others can clearly benefit from this info.

Case in point, this works on the 700/750 too. You use a 320 x 320 image but only 240x240 of it (the upper left corner) is shown.

Here is an example that I made that works flawlessly (note: this is just a sample, do not copy or download this file. I can post it if someone really wants it):

Old 12-31-2006, 09:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

rlith is just getting started
Now if someone could post an easy how-to on how to change the Boot Loader screen. Would like to change this from the stupid Verizon screen on my xv6700. I've looked through the roms (running aku 2.2 at the moment so I actually have the telecom boot screen) and can't discern where the dang thing is.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Lurker

littlewaywelt is a n00b
Why does it need to be 320x320?
I saved a pic file as 240x240 and it seems to work just fine.

I switched out the Verizon screens using a similar technique. I copied the original files to my desktop and then resaved using the same name, then I pasted the files back into the windows folder.

I don't have to be reminded that I am using windows mobile or verizon now. I hate paying for something and then advertising for them constantly.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:20 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant
well, I got around to revamping my bootscreen today.....I am a Vanderbilt fan, so it shows on my boot screen!

Whatcha think?

Oh yea, i made the 320x320 image to be safe, but only designed inside the 240 x 240 area.

PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

xmind2006 is a n00b
A couple months late to the party as I haven't been looking at the WM splash screen for some time now, but thought I'd still post the pic I'm using (from my favorite band):

Old 04-08-2007, 06:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

LadySaat is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to LadySaat Send a message via Skype™ to LadySaat
awww I really liked the look of the windows vista one but its' way the wrong size. I don't know how to make it bigger/fit right.

Now I have to play around with my photoshop and see if I can do something.

I want a 300 theme actually
Old 04-17-2007, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bmatic586 is a n00b
300 theme

here you go

Old 05-11-2007, 07:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

xholmezx78 is a n00b
ok peeps! I have tried all steps several times with no resolution.
I tried to rename the file to .old and it will not save. I have tried to use Resco explorer and total commander. Both failed. I have tried to overwrite the file, delete the file, change attributes, and nothing is working. Any suggestions?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes