PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2006, 01:44 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to: Replace WM Splash/Boot Screen

Nothing to fancy or crazy, but a nice subtle change to your Splash Screen:

Creator/Source
"I made a flashy Vista splash screen for the PPC startup. You only see it for a few seconds but I think it's a lot better than the stock one.

I have also included the original in case someone decides to try this and go back, and for comparison purposes.

To install: simply move the file named "welcomehead.96.png" into your Windows directory. You will see the splash when you soft reset!

This splash supports both portrait and landscape views."

Just right click and save this file. Rename it to welcomehead.96.png and copy to your \windows directory. Copy your old one to your storage card if you want to save it. The original is also availabe at the link at the top of this page.

Of course I did this myself and it works just fine.

UPDATE:
To do this for 240x240 Screens e.g. Treos see this post:
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/how-to-repla...,15.html#15305

Old 07-06-2006, 01:48 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
sweet, im doing it now as we "speak so to say".
thx,
mike

edit: you must click on menu and then show all files for that image to show up, and I get an error that it cant not copy blah blah its protected.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
Thanks, changed.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

al3azim is keeping up the good workal3azim is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake

edit: you must click on menu and then show all files for that image to show up, and I get an error that it cant not copy blah blah its protected.
I get the same error and won't let me copy it. Any ideas?
Old 07-10-2006, 02:02 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by al3azim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake

I get the same error and won't let me copy it. Any ideas?
It's a protected file, so rename it (change the .png to .old) and then copy the new one over, or use a program like TotalCommander.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:40 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Resco finally got this done for me but the image posted isnt the correct size to be a splash screen.
~Mike
Old 12-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: AT&T

jamaa124 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jamaa124 Send a message via AIM to jamaa124 Send a message via MSN to jamaa124 Send a message via Yahoo to jamaa124 Send a message via Skype™ to jamaa124
what size should the image be? mine looks weird in landscape.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Splash screens need to be 320 x 320, since sometimes they get shown through a 240 x 320 screen (portrait) and sometimes 320 x 240 (landscape). The default boot screen leaves an 80 x 80 blank square in the bottom right corner since that part is never visible.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: AT&T

jamaa124 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jamaa124 Send a message via AIM to jamaa124 Send a message via MSN to jamaa124 Send a message via Yahoo to jamaa124 Send a message via Skype™ to jamaa124
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm85
Splash screens need to be 320 x 320, since sometimes they get shown through a 240 x 320 screen (portrait) and sometimes 320 x 240 (landscape). The default boot screen leaves an 80 x 80 blank square in the bottom right corner since that part is never visible.
cool...thanxs
Old 12-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Alwaysbelieve1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Alwaysbelieve1 Send a message via Yahoo to Alwaysbelieve1
Let's come up with some really cool ones.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes