PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: what phone do you currently own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Like i said u must be in an area with alot of T-mobile customers and not enough capacity to support them. Likewise 2-4mpbs is still very good to do all streaming activities that one would ever want to do. 5.3" or not I still don't think it's worth selling ur soul to the devil tho. I also had the chance to goto AT$T and get the titan but I chose not to.

I live in the 4th largest city in the country. The point is, tmobile cannot satisfy my data needs. I don't see how getting added to a family plan and paying less than I do at tmobile for a better phone with faster data is "selling my soul to the devil"

If there are " alot of T-mobile customers and not enough capacity to support them" then tmobile needs to step up, because there are 7 million people in this city, and they have 4 networks to choose from. Plus every time an awesome phone comes out in europe or somewhere the AWS version is like twice as expensive.

I get that you like tmobile more than every other network, that's just not objectively true at all, and other networks have more perks. Sprint doesn't throttle or cap data, Verizon has better service and faster data, ATT has faster data and an iPhone and now the Note.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:56 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The disadvantage HSPA+ has on LTE is HSPA+ is not very spectrum efficient so it gets effected a lot worse with more customers.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I live in the 4th largest city in the country. The point is, tmobile cannot satisfy my data needs. I don't see how getting added to a family plan and paying less than I do at tmobile for a better phone with faster data is "selling my soul to the devil"

If there are " alot of T-mobile customers and not enough capacity to support them" then tmobile needs to step up, because there are 7 million people in this city, and they have 4 networks to choose from. Plus every time an awesome phone comes out in europe or somewhere the AWS version is like twice as expensive.

I get that you like tmobile more than every other network, that's just not objectively true at all, and other networks have more perks. Sprint doesn't throttle or cap data, Verizon has better service and faster data, ATT has faster data and an iPhone and now the Note.
@orangekid
I don't like t-mobile over every other network but I do like great service,with value and clear cut terms to go along with it. A couple of years ago at this time I felt the same about sprint but their service had became very unusable which is my reason for leaving. according to the PCMag test done in summer 2011 T-mobile came in 2nd place for fastest network only being bested by VZ LTe and even matching that in some places. Well since u are getting onto a family plan u aren't directly selling ur soul to the devil (I say this becausetheir headquarters in TN is shaped like a pitchfork).
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
The disadvantage HSPA+ has on LTE is HSPA+ is not very spectrum efficient so it gets effected a lot worse with more customers.
@gTen LTe slowed down quite a bit too still for example at CES AT$T LTE network slowed down to like 2mbps.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
LTe slowed down quite a bit too still for example at CES AT$T LTE network slowed down to like 2mbps.
um, and? all I said was LTE is much more spectrum efficient then HSPA+. That doesn't mean that its immune to capacity issues on the spectrum side and on the bandwidth infrastructure side.

That said I was in vegas when CES was there and Verizon LTE was perfectly fine.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

@gTen They shouldn't cap it then if it's more spectrum efficient, as the reason for these caps is to preserve bandwidth /spectrum.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@orangekid
I don't like t-mobile over every other network but I do like great service,with value and clear cut terms to go along with it. A couple of years ago at this time I felt the same about sprint but their service had became very unusable which is my reason for leaving. according to the PCMag test done in summer 2011 T-mobile came in 2nd place for fastest network only being bested by VZ LTe and even matching that in some places. Well since u are getting onto a family plan u aren't directly selling ur soul to the devil (I say this becausetheir headquarters in TN is shaped like a pitchfork).

@gTen LTe slowed down quite a bit too still for example at CES AT$T LTE network slowed down to like 2mbps.
you reading from a script cuz you never deviate from that statement

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:08 AM
Banned User

Nope,not reading from a script.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:41 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Back on topic, I'm using a Galaxy SII(Epic Touch.) Still amazed at how fast and stable it is, hands down the best phone i've had the pleasure of using.
Don't see myself upgrading anytime soon!
Old 02-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I'm gettin the Note today
Old 02-29-2012, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

reaper24 knows their stuffreaper24 knows their stuffreaper24 knows their stuffreaper24 knows their stuffreaper24 knows their stuffreaper24 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Evo 3D Sprint CDMA so far best thing out at the moment root wise among roms

If you like my work or the guides I make feel free to drop me a thanks.. Coffee also liked to lol.. Here to help.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison