PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPRINT Motorola PHOTON 4G vs Samsung Within vs HTC Mazaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
I just recently upgraded to the Photon. It was a toss up for me between the Photon and the Galaxy S 2..I chose the Photon for practical reasons, more than raw power. It has gorilla glass. I'm a machinist and the tougher the phone the better. The Photon has the largest battery and longest talk time rating. I go to school 2 nights a week so I often pull 17 hour days away from the charger. Finally, the Photon has a higher screen resolution. It's 100 pixels shy of the iPhone Retina display and it shows. It's very nice. Anyway, I guess my point is to look at all features of a phone and pick what really is going to suit you, not simply what is the newest or has the fastest processor spec.
Hey Tom! You need to add this to your sig:

"I am Mulhinny and I'm a phone junkie"

lol! you've had them all brother!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Hey Tom! You need to add this to your sig:

"I am Mulhinny and I'm a phone junkie"

lol! you've had them all brother!
lol..you're not kidding brother! In fact, just recently I tried the Nexus S for a few short days. Hated it!

I think I really have owned most of Sprint's smartphones..Touch, Apache, Mogul, Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Hero, Moment, Evo, Nexus, Tour, Curve, Pre, Q9c, Snap, and now the Photon...I'm sick. Some of these I've owned more than once lol..

Hope you're well Dave!

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 09-24-2011, 11:39 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
I just recently upgraded to the Photon. It was a toss up for me between the Photon and the Galaxy S 2..I chose the Photon for practical reasons, more than raw power. It has gorilla glass. I'm a machinist and the tougher the phone the better. The Photon has the largest battery and longest talk time rating. I go to school 2 nights a week so I often pull 17 hour days away from the charger. Finally, the Photon has a higher screen resolution. It's 100 pixels shy of the iPhone Retina display and it shows. It's very nice. Anyway, I guess my point is to look at all features of a phone and pick what really is going to suit you, not simply what is the newest or has the fastest processor spec.
Galaxy S 2 also has gorilla glass...and Sprint Galaxy S2 has a bigger battery. They bumped it up from the original.

photon 4g: 1700 mAh
Original SGS2: 1650 mAh
Sprint SGS2: 1800mAh

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Almost a VIP

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Galaxy S 2 also has gorilla glass...and Sprint Galaxy S2 has a bigger battery. They bumped it up from the original.

photon 4g: 1700 mAh
Original SGS2: 1650 mAh
Sprint SGS2: 1800mAh
I stand corrected. I'll edit my post as to not confuse anyone. Thanks, gTen.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
lol..you're not kidding brother! In fact, just recently I tried the Nexus S for a few short days. Hated it!

I think I really have owned most of Sprint's smartphones..Touch, Apache, Mogul, Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Hero, Moment, Evo, Nexus, Tour, Curve, Pre, Q9c, Snap, and now the Photon...I'm sick. Some of these I've owned more than once lol..

Hope you're well Dave!
Sounds good man. I was going to pick up a nexus s on craigslist just to play around with it, but figured there's no point since I have a full upgrade on Oct 1st. Not sure what I'm gonna do though. Work is trying to get us all on one plan now nationally, so that would mean porting over to ATT. Not sure how I feel about that let alone if they try to put me into a bberry. I'm all for free service but want to choose of course. SG2 on ATT would be my preference but will see how it plays out.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Almost a VIP

I take back what I said..I returned that junk Photon after 24 hours..this afternoon it gave me the Sleep of Death twice, on stock rom, nothing funny..I won't tolerate trash like that. Think I'm just gonna rock the Evo for a while. That thing is solid.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I take back what I said..I returned that junk Photon after 24 hours..this afternoon it gave me the Sleep of Death twice, on stock rom, nothing funny..I won't tolerate trash like that. Think I'm just gonna rock the Evo for a while. That thing is solid.
You sir are a nut
Old 09-29-2011, 01:09 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
sounds like you didnt get update cause it fixes sod, well fixed mine. touch still kills photon but photon is fun device.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Almost a VIP

Yeah, it was updated. Idk what the deal was. After some reading I found a few possible causes. One was something to do with the kickstand touching metal?? It did happen while on a tin (maybe?) table..so I suppose that could have been it. As Dave said, I'm a nut. So who knows..could be user error

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison