PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

vinnyt225 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool comparing htc touch pro processor to EVO

hi guys im looking at my tp right now and it has:

a Qualcomm 7501a with a speed of 525MHz and 288 mb for ram. flash size is 512 mb.

The EVO is
a Qualcomm QSD8650 (Snapdragon), 1 Ghz, 1 GB ROM (358 MB Free) , 512 MB RAM.

what i would like to no is how much of an increase this really is. is this like a HUGE advancement? like could the TP specs run the evo lol? cool thanks guys!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: comparing htc touch pro processor to EVO

That's a pretty big increase. On the surface, the clock speed alone is doubled.

What do you mean "could the TP specs run the evo"? Like, could the TP run Android? Because it already can...
Old 07-14-2010, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro CDMA

bedlam247 is becoming a great contributor

There's an overclocking CAB that will increase the TP's processor into the 700MHz range. I am using it and notice that my TP is more snappy.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

eXcali is keeping up the good workeXcali is keeping up the good work

Yes the difference is HUGE, it's like the difference between a 4 cylinder and V8 car engine.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

More like a V10 on steroids...The Evo is just a way better phone overall..has alot more to offer...and has everything the TP1 would ever want.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

I disagree. The Snapdragon cpu out there (Evo) is a under performing cpu. Apparently Slower clocked cpu like what samsung and iphone have run alot faster and hANdle geometry alot better. So in my opinion its not a giant leap like alot wish it was. Theres a video on youtube comparing the snap dragon cpu vs a samsung cpu running Android 2.1 and clearly the EVO snapdragon is about 20-25% slower. And the Samgung CPU is only clocked at 700mhzcompared to the Snapdragon 1 ghz.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
I disagree. The Snapdragon cpu out there (Evo) is a under performing cpu. Apparently Slower clocked cpu like what samsung and iphone have run alot faster and hANdle geometry alot better. So in my opinion its not a giant leap like alot wish it was. Theres a video on youtube comparing the snap dragon cpu vs a samsung cpu running Android 2.1 and clearly the EVO snapdragon is about 20-25% slower. And the Samgung CPU is only clocked at 700mhzcompared to the Snapdragon 1 ghz.
To be correct its actually running at 998 mhz w a min ove 245 mhz
Old 07-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to Phone Comparison
Old 07-17-2010, 05:51 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
There is an app for that...lol

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: idk
Carrier: earth

iphoney4u is just getting started

disagree with the car engine comparisons. evo compared to tp is more like a 96 honda civic to a 96 honda civic with a flowmaster. Great sound but with a very slight increase in power.Why, read on it. Snap dragon does not have a dedicated gpu so it runs slowwwww in most 3d programs.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison