PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Phone Comparison (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   comparing htc touch pro processor to EVO (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128650)

vinnyt225 07-14-2010 03:58 PM

comparing htc touch pro processor to EVO

hi guys im looking at my tp right now and it has:

a Qualcomm 7501a with a speed of 525MHz and 288 mb for ram. flash size is 512 mb.

The EVO is
a Qualcomm QSD8650 (Snapdragon), 1 Ghz, 1 GB ROM (358 MB Free) , 512 MB RAM.

what i would like to no is how much of an increase this really is. is this like a HUGE advancement? like could the TP specs run the evo lol? cool thanks guys!

arrrghhh 07-14-2010 04:20 PM

Re: comparing htc touch pro processor to EVO

That's a pretty big increase. On the surface, the clock speed alone is doubled.

What do you mean "could the TP specs run the evo"? Like, could the TP run Android? Because it already can...

bedlam247 07-14-2010 04:24 PM

There's an overclocking CAB that will increase the TP's processor into the 700MHz range. I am using it and notice that my TP is more snappy.

eXcali 07-15-2010 04:51 PM

Yes the difference is HUGE, it's like the difference between a 4 cylinder and V8 car engine.

ChrisH09 07-17-2010 03:30 AM

More like a V10 on steroids...The Evo is just a way better phone overall..has alot more to offer...and has everything the TP1 would ever want.

AndroidTroll 07-17-2010 01:15 PM

I disagree. The Snapdragon cpu out there (Evo) is a under performing cpu. Apparently Slower clocked cpu like what samsung and iphone have run alot faster and hANdle geometry alot better. So in my opinion its not a giant leap like alot wish it was. Theres a video on youtube comparing the snap dragon cpu vs a samsung cpu running Android 2.1 and clearly the EVO snapdragon is about 20-25% slower. And the Samgung CPU is only clocked at 700mhzcompared to the Snapdragon 1 ghz.

LuckyLui 07-17-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroidTroll (Post 1870528)
I disagree. The Snapdragon cpu out there (Evo) is a under performing cpu. Apparently Slower clocked cpu like what samsung and iphone have run alot faster and hANdle geometry alot better. So in my opinion its not a giant leap like alot wish it was. Theres a video on youtube comparing the snap dragon cpu vs a samsung cpu running Android 2.1 and clearly the EVO snapdragon is about 20-25% slower. And the Samgung CPU is only clocked at 700mhzcompared to the Snapdragon 1 ghz.

To be correct its actually running at 998 mhz w a min ove 245 mhz :)

Carla 07-17-2010 02:00 PM

Moved to Phone Comparison

WarChild 07-17-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndroidTroll (Post 1870528)

There is an app for that...lol

CW

iphoney4u 09-14-2010 01:20 AM

disagree with the car engine comparisons. evo compared to tp is more like a 96 honda civic to a 96 honda civic with a flowmaster. Great sound but with a very slight increase in power.Why, read on it. Snap dragon does not have a dedicated gpu so it runs slowwwww in most 3d programs.