PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 02:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evo vs. Iphoner = Htc fail.

Is it just me or does the iphone4 makes even napdragon look like hot air? Top of the line ppc Evo is garbage compared to the next fen iphone. Have you all gone and seen the video capture the iphone 4 puts out? What about the racing game for it? Freaking looks like a playstation 3 game. Amazing how far more advanced the iphone 4 is. Im not a isheep but Htc has failed up time over time with garbage technology with god awfull lcd screens that leak light, break And scratch easily. Im done. good buy htc. lol. iphone4 here i come. I can finally breath.

Last edited by WarChild; 07-17-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Removed off topic comment
Old 06-24-2010, 02:51 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Evo vs. Iphoner = Htc fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
Is it just me or does the iphone4 makes even napdragon look like hot air? Top of the line ppc Evo is garbage compared to the next fen iphone. Have you all gone and seen the video capture the iphone 4 puts out? What about the racing game for it? Freaking looks like a playstation 3 game. Amazing how far more advanced the iphone 4 is. Im not a isheep but Htc has failed up time over time with garbage technology with god awfull lcd screens that leak light, break And scratch easily. Im done. good buy htc. go to hell. lol. iphone4 here i come. I can finally breath.

Flame on
Ahm..the iPhone screen also has issues of its own....that said the processor in th iPhone is better for graphics..but......

iPhone 4 < Samsung Galaxy S thats coming out this summer >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-24-2010, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

i'm ready to give up on htc too. not permanently though. i been with them for years, and have been pretty disappointed with certain things. So, i got my eyes fixed on the Droid X. Can't wait till the 15th. I'll give that a go for a few months and see what happens.

you guys didn't think i was gonna go with the iphone, did you? lol. heck nah
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
i'm ready to give up on htc too. not permanently though. i been with them for years, and have been pretty disappointed with certain things. So, i got my eyes fixed on the Droid X. Can't wait till the 15th. I'll give that a go for a few months and see what happens.

you guys didn't think i was gonna go with the iphone, did you? lol. heck nah
We all knew you weren't gonna get an iphone..*fake laugh*....*dials to call off the hired assassin*

Only thing that sucks about motorola is they are trying to make it annoying to root their phones..:/...chances are it will be rooted eventually but may take a lot longer then other's phones.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
We all knew you weren't gonna get an iphone..*fake laugh*....*dials to call off the hired assassin*

Only thing that sucks about motorola is they are trying to make it annoying to root their phones..:/...chances are it will be rooted eventually but may take a lot longer then other's phones.
lol.
yea...i am worried about that. i just can't imagine having a device thats not unlockable (rootable)
Old 06-24-2010, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acts is just getting started

Quote:
Is it just me or does the iphone4 makes even napdragon look like hot air? Top of the line ppc Evo is garbage compared to the next fen iphone. Have you all gone and seen the video capture the iphone 4 puts out? What about the racing game for it? Freaking looks like a playstation 3 game. Amazing how far more advanced the iphone 4 is. Im not a isheep but Htc has failed up time over time with garbage technology with god awfull lcd screens that leak light, break And scratch easily. Im done. good buy htc. go to hell. lol. iphone4 here i come. I can finally breath.

Flame on
so now that we officially know about the antenna flaw, does the iphone4 still look awesome?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

I drove by a apple store line that was a 1 mile long. I just couldnt resist and gave a few of them the finger. I hate Apple and their lockdown on the hardware and software. Hate att. Hate isheeps. Hate HTC for their low qualty build doo doo they make. It would bhe nice to have a mix or both phones. Best of evo and iphone combined and called it Evo-i. Sure.... looks like Jundice yellow spots and Antenna fail are laughable and its fragile glass body sux a55. But I preffer how smooth the web browser pans and zooms compared to the Evo. You would think Snapdragon would have solved that issue but even at 1ghz that is not the solution. I suspect its the softwaRe limiting the potential. Anyways....... flame on. And yes.. I am Androidtroll... ...... not a troll.. but a android troll. Carry on.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S

cataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuffcataclysm13 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cataclysm13 Send a message via Yahoo to cataclysm13

Quote:
I drove by a apple store line that was a 1 mile long. I just couldnt resist and gave a few of them the finger. I hate Apple and their lockdown on the hardware and software. Hate att. Hate isheeps. Hate HTC for their low qualty build doo doo they make. It would bhe nice to have a mix or both phones. Best of evo and iphone combined and called it Evo-i. Sure.... looks like Jundice yellow spots and Antenna fail are laughable and its fragile glass body sux a55. But I preffer how smooth the web browser pans and zooms compared to the Evo. You would think Snapdragon would have solved that issue but even at 1ghz that is not the solution. I suspect its the softwaRe limiting the potential. Anyways....... flame on. And yes.. I am Androidtroll... ...... not a troll.. but a android troll. Carry on.
If you tried to get the best phones you would only inevitably get the worst of both phones too. Which in this case would be a sweet phone with no battery life that you can't hold.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

from a notable reviewer who uses iphone as daily driver: evo 4g is faster than iphone 4 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126686

iphone 4: yellow spots
http://gizmodo.com/5571143/some-ipho...ands-and-spots

iphone 4: shipped with reversed volume keys
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...d-volume-keys/

iphone 4: reception issues (nothing to do with att)
http://gizmodo.com/5571171/iphone-4-...e-antenna-band

iphone 4: dropped calls when holding it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GqUG...eature=channel

iphone 4: proximity sensor defective
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...oning-properly

iphone 4: SIM card slot defect
http://gizmodo.com/5572947/if-you-ha...nge-your-phone

iphone 4: drop test resulting in cracked screen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7-OBoDFeDY

iphone 4: 50 shattered iphones in first day, apple won't replace anymore
http://gizmodo.com/5573009/

troll, you've been boasting of how superior the iphone is to android and the evo for weeks. How are those 2 minute load speeds using opera mobile? Or lack of developer support?

[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"][/COLOR]

Last edited by WarChild; 07-17-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: MOD EDIT
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:55 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Let's calm down folks,

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison