PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: WHICH HTC? EVO 4G, Incredible Droid, HD2
HTC EVO 4G - Sprint 45 84.91%
HTC Incredible Droid - Verizon 7 13.21%
HTC HD2 - T/Mobile 1 1.89%
IPhone "4G or HD" - AT&T 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC ThunderBolt!!!
Carrier: Verizon

azbobs is keeping up the good workazbobs is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC EVO 4G, HTC Incredible Droid, HTC HD2

Hello All HTC Fans and crapple too! I know we are not to post Crapple here but here goes, a friend that works with me loves his IPhone 3G and plans on getting his new IPhone 4G and is happy with IPhones. I keep asking him what’s wrong with him picking an IPhone! He says you HTC Fan boys copy IPhone app,s that’s for another discussion! Lol!

For me I am having a hard time picking which one to get HTC EVO 4G but I am on Verizon currently and the HTC Incredible would have me if it only had the 4.3 screen instead of 3.7 and the 1GB of Internal Memory instead of 768mb! Getting older need the bigger screen! Lol and memory!

I hope you pick from my POLL on which HTC you would pick! I listed them this way since each company has its own version of the phones that can only be bought from them,

I had thought of going with HD2 and using my app's I use for win 6.5 or switching to Android. With T/MOBILE they have the HD2 has the 4.3 screen with the 1GB of internal memory very nice. With the Verizon who I am currently with they have the HTC Incredible with 768 of internal memory and only the 3.7 screen?

HTC EVO 4G – SPRINT - 4.3 Screen, 1GB Snapdragon, 1GB Internal Memory and more…
HTC Incredible Droid – Verizon – 3.7 1GB Snapdragon, 512MB Internal Memory
HTC HD2 – T/Mobile – 4.3 Screen, 1GB Snapdragon, 1GB Internal Memory and more….
IPhone “4G or HD” – AT&T maybe Q4 or 2011 Verizon

Now for the upcoming HTC EVO 4G all I can say is wOw and I hate the teasing and waiting for this one. I have everything I think I would need and if I am leaving win 6.5 and switching with Android 2.1 I would like this one as my next adventure into modding my phone and enjoy all the phone that comes with it and the great people and friends I have met here at PPCGEEKS.

You notice I did not write much for the IPhone 4G I will just post the poll for it I am not a crapple person, sorry they are nice just love HTC.

P.S Any comments from those of you in Arizona using Sprint let me know what you think of the service & coverage. Not that those using Sprint outside Arizona is not welcomed.
TIA

Last edited by azbobs; 04-22-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

corneliuscrisco is just getting started
Re: HTC EVO 4G, HTC Incredible Droid, HTC HD2

I'm on Sprint in the SF Bay Area and I love it so far. I switched from ATT and have been much happier all around.

Ive never had a problem with coverage and now being able to upgrade every year is great. If you decide to give Sprint a shot they give you 30 days to try it out.

As for the phones, I like the HTC Evo most out of your choices. It has the most features and is the best looking, in my opinion.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneliuscrisco View Post
I'm on Sprint in the SF Bay Area and I love it so far. I switched from ATT and have been much happier all around.

Ive never had a problem with coverage and now being able to upgrade every year is great. If you decide to give Sprint a shot they give you 30 days to try it out.

As for the phones, I like the HTC Evo most out of your choices. It has the most features and is the best looking, in my opinion.
Thx Corneliuscrisco and good to hear Sprint has been good for you. I know I can hardly wait until the EVO comes out I almost broke down and pre-ordered the Incredible.

Cheers,
Azbobs
Old 04-23-2010, 01:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

im getting htc evil no more wm for me until tp3 wimax comes out

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 04-23-2010, 02:01 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

HTC Diamond!!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sure hard to decide to switch to Sprint to get the EVO,,, the Incredible sounds good too! hmmm no 4G here in Arizona so I would be paying for something I won't use but is suppose to be backward compatible.

Come on Sprint put up a pre-order give us some hope!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 04:07 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

I'm on Verizon with the TP2, and swore I would never give up the AWESOME hardware keyboard, but adaption is key to survival, right? Anyways, I am almost ready to get the Incredible, which is awesome. If it only had a 4.3" screen! My bro has the HD2, and every time I look at it, I saw wow. It's one thing to see it in pics on the internet, but if you see it in person, you really get a sense of it's greatness.

So I've decided I'm not getting the HD2 for lack of T-Mobile service (I have a post on XDA regarding T-Mobile coverage). So now I'm debating between the EVO and Incredible. The Incredible has the awesome AMOLED screen, which is, well, awesome. But the EVO has a 4.3" screen, front camera, and 4G. They both have video out capabilities, but EVO has 720p video capture and HDMI video out (Incredible has composite).

My concern is I live in Southern California, and I guess Los Angeles is not a big enough city for Sprint to bring 4G to just yet. So video conferencing will be useless, as will 4G. But with the front camera, is that more just a cool thing to have, or will it actually be functional? Who else can I video conference with? Nobody else will have it. So it seems pointless until later this year when more people get it (but I don't know any other phones that will have it except iPhone 4.0, but that's not coming out anytime soon). Then that leaves the 4G. I can't use it! Yes, I do travel occasionally, but not often, and I don't go to Texas (though I'd like to, I have a good friend there).

So that leaves just the 4.3" screen advantage. Is it worth it? Well, I'm still considering it, so I guess so. But 4.3" TFT vs 3.7" AMOLED. Can't decide.

In another comparison, what's the deal with memory? I'm reading mixed info on memory in each phone. I heard 8GB, I heard 1GB, I hear 748MB... Not sure about the specs.

Oh! Also, a little rant about accessories. The HD2 came with a 16GB Micro SD card, and nice headphones, and rubber phone protector, and other stuff. The unboxing of the Incredible is so disappointing! USB wall charger and cable? That's it? Come on Verizon, WTF?

Anyways, I'll be thinking about it this week. Let's hear some more feedback from everyone. This is good.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

hd2 and tp2 user here !
Old 04-25-2010, 03:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
I'm on Verizon with the TP2, and swore I would never give up the AWESOME hardware keyboard, but adaption is key to survival, right? Anyways, I am almost ready to get the Incredible, which is awesome. If it only had a 4.3" screen! My bro has the HD2, and every time I look at it, I saw wow. It's one thing to see it in pics on the internet, but if you see it in person, you really get a sense of it's greatness.

So I've decided I'm not getting the HD2 for lack of T-Mobile service (I have a post on XDA regarding T-Mobile coverage). So now I'm debating between the EVO and Incredible. The Incredible has the awesome AMOLED screen, which is, well, awesome. But the EVO has a 4.3" screen, front camera, and 4G. They both have video out capabilities, but EVO has 720p video capture and HDMI video out (Incredible has composite).

My concern is I live in Southern California, and I guess Los Angeles is not a big enough city for Sprint to bring 4G to just yet. So video conferencing will be useless, as will 4G. But with the front camera, is that more just a cool thing to have, or will it actually be functional? Who else can I video conference with? Nobody else will have it. So it seems pointless until later this year when more people get it (but I don't know any other phones that will have it except iPhone 4.0, but that's not coming out anytime soon). Then that leaves the 4G. I can't use it! Yes, I do travel occasionally, but not often, and I don't go to Texas (though I'd like to, I have a good friend there).

So that leaves just the 4.3" screen advantage. Is it worth it? Well, I'm still considering it, so I guess so. But 4.3" TFT vs 3.7" AMOLED. Can't decide.

In another comparison, what's the deal with memory? I'm reading mixed info on memory in each phone. I heard 8GB, I heard 1GB, I hear 748MB... Not sure about the specs.

Oh! Also, a little rant about accessories. The HD2 came with a 16GB Micro SD card, and nice headphones, and rubber phone protector, and other stuff. The unboxing of the Incredible is so disappointing! USB wall charger and cable? That's it? Come on Verizon, WTF?

Anyways, I'll be thinking about it this week. Let's hear some more feedback from everyone. This is good.
I hear you WhiteBlazer!
My wife does'nt want to leave Verizon, so for now I finally ordered my HTC Incredible Droid and will be bummed when Sprint puts out the EVO. The 4.3 screen is awesome, darn wish they had put it out before the May, 12th party. Still hearing rumors it will be out June 6th or 13th!

I am sure you will like EVO. The said thing for me is Arizona is not on the list of 27 cities choosen. Even though we are ranked 5th biggest state currently, so really for the next year or 2 4G feature will not be used, so it would be wise for me to get the HTC Incredible Droid and get use to the change from mo to andriod os. Have started checking
out the roms, skins, icons, applications etc.....

Will go from unlocking my phone to rooting my phone lol!

So good luck I am exciting about getting my new phone next week, hopefully before the 29th, fingers crossed. It won't be the EVO 4.3 but will have fun with it until Verizon puts out a 4.3 Android,,, you know how it goes a month after getting my Incredible the will release another one and I have a two year contract! : (

Thanks Dr.8820 for the input!

I have been ppc6800 > TP > TP2 > Incredible Droid was hoping Verizon put out a 4.3 or Sprint would have released the EVO : (

http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-...g-vs-nexus-one

Thx
Cheers,
azbobs

Last edited by azbobs; 04-25-2010 at 04:05 AM. Reason: And the EVO, Incredible and Nexus 1 shoot out!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch pro2

xXOahuBornXx is keeping up the good workxXOahuBornXx is keeping up the good work

Im a Tp2 User. But so Looking Forward To The Evo.

Dont Forget To Thank Those Who Helped You!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Tags
htc evo 4g