View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 04:07 PM
WhiteBlazer01
AWESOME VIP Member!!

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO 4G, HTC Incredible Droid, HTC HD2

I'm on Verizon with the TP2, and swore I would never give up the AWESOME hardware keyboard, but adaption is key to survival, right? Anyways, I am almost ready to get the Incredible, which is awesome. If it only had a 4.3" screen! My bro has the HD2, and every time I look at it, I saw wow. It's one thing to see it in pics on the internet, but if you see it in person, you really get a sense of it's greatness.

So I've decided I'm not getting the HD2 for lack of T-Mobile service (I have a post on XDA regarding T-Mobile coverage). So now I'm debating between the EVO and Incredible. The Incredible has the awesome AMOLED screen, which is, well, awesome. But the EVO has a 4.3" screen, front camera, and 4G. They both have video out capabilities, but EVO has 720p video capture and HDMI video out (Incredible has composite).

My concern is I live in Southern California, and I guess Los Angeles is not a big enough city for Sprint to bring 4G to just yet. So video conferencing will be useless, as will 4G. But with the front camera, is that more just a cool thing to have, or will it actually be functional? Who else can I video conference with? Nobody else will have it. So it seems pointless until later this year when more people get it (but I don't know any other phones that will have it except iPhone 4.0, but that's not coming out anytime soon). Then that leaves the 4G. I can't use it! Yes, I do travel occasionally, but not often, and I don't go to Texas (though I'd like to, I have a good friend there).

So that leaves just the 4.3" screen advantage. Is it worth it? Well, I'm still considering it, so I guess so. But 4.3" TFT vs 3.7" AMOLED. Can't decide.

In another comparison, what's the deal with memory? I'm reading mixed info on memory in each phone. I heard 8GB, I heard 1GB, I hear 748MB... Not sure about the specs.

Oh! Also, a little rant about accessories. The HD2 came with a 16GB Micro SD card, and nice headphones, and rubber phone protector, and other stuff. The unboxing of the Incredible is so disappointing! USB wall charger and cable? That's it? Come on Verizon, WTF?

Anyways, I'll be thinking about it this week. Let's hear some more feedback from everyone. This is good.