PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Went from Diamond ...To Nexus one...Back to Dimaond..should I go HD2?

So basically...The N1 didn't impress me...it did like it, but quite frankly I don't like google knowing my work schedule, where I am, and what I do at all times. The fact that you HAVE to link your contacts, e-mail, constant GPS location, and calendar, to google servers, is at very least, an invasion of privacy. A VOLUNTARY invasion of privacy because you chose to buy the phone, well...I chose to sell it. And I'm sitting at work right now staring at the HD2 sitting next to my Diamond wondering why I shouldn't buy it...I'm graduating college with my BA in Film Production in about a month and I feel like I deserve this haha.

Last edited by JQuill; 04-02-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Went from Diamond ...To Nexus one...Back to Dimaond..should I go HD2?

if you don't mind op, imma grab a seat and some popcorn!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Yes, go.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

lol
Well, I guess it depends on what kind of coverage t-mobile has where you want to use your device.
If they have coverage where you want it and a decent plan then I say go for the HD2.
If not well do like me and wait to see what is yet to come.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Traded in my Diamond with Radioshack, got an $80.00 store credit to put towards the HD2. Got the HD2 with screen protectors for a grand total of $85 plus tax. I live in Boston, and the Northeast is one of T-Mobile's largest coverage areas. Just ported my number over from Sprint so Data hasn't kicked in yet but I finally made the permanent jump to a new phone. I think that a lot of people will probably happy to see me pretty much leave this forum. I might pop up every once in a while but now that I have the HD2, I'll be spending most of my time at XDA. This forum has been great...it's become more of a dog and pony show as opposed to a developers community at times, but that is mainly because of the massive user base that Wideawake and the rest of the staff has built. I've always tried to help people with my posts and make graphics and contribute to roms wherever possible. I know I've said I'm leaving before but I finally have a phone I'm going to be happy with for the next 4 years (about how long I had the Diamond), and I thank you all for your time and patience. Good luck to everyone in the Diamond forums, it's the 2nd best phone I've ever used.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

you can still help out in the background around here. i retired 100 posts ago lol, i try to let the nonsense roll off and keep moving ahead. i still will throw help where needed, but while staying out the light.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
you can still help out in the background around here. i retired 100 posts ago lol, i try to let the nonsense roll off and keep moving ahead. i still will throw help where needed, but while staying out the light.
Yeah, thanks for the words bro. I do like this forum a lot, lots of SMART people here...good to see you have an HD2 as well, I'm loving it so far. I feel bad for people with poor t-mobile service in their area. Glad I live on the east coast.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Good Luck!!
No need to disappear though.
I hope you decide to stick around.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks man. I really appreciate that. I've always tried to help people as best and as bluntly as I can. I don't sugar coat anything, and I'm glad to see that people recognize the knowledge! I'll be trolling....
Old 04-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

gumdrops is a n00b

Miss you man, HD2 is really looking nice tho. Can I ask what is your favorite (stability, usability minded) ROM out right now that you have used?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison