PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
850/pro!!!!!

I hope I didn't miss this somewhere and double post:

Has anyone seen the new Treo Pro? It isn't offical in it's release date (didn't we just go through this?), but it apparently is the one previously known as the 850. From all I can tell, it will be released with AT&T (another blow to us VZW users), and seems pretty much identical to the 800w......except.....

Among other minor things, there is a return of the reset button and the screen is flush with the surface, making for a sweet looking device. Here is the article from http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...dware-details/

Additional Treo Pro Software and Hardware Details
Posted By: Kris Keilhack on Friday, August 15, 2008 5:28:08 PM
Following up on today's earlier report and slew of leaked images, even more Treo Pro details are emerging. With the device's core specifications confirmed, a new post by the original tipster Scottymomo has confirmed some of the device's software bundled software as well as some of the particular hardware quirks and memory specifications of the device.

As of this writing, nearly every relevant detail of the long-rumored Treo Pro/850 has been revealed aside from any discussion of its stylus, screen size, pricing, carrier availability and release date. Read on for some further details.

Includes the 800w screensaver
HTC task manager is included (accessible from the today screen)
Memory info was listed as:
Storage Memory Total: 103.05mb
Program Memory Total: 101.18mb
Program Memory in use (not sure what was running at the time though): 43.96mb Free: 57.22

Comm Manager with options to turn on off Airplane Mode, Phone, BT, Wifi, Microsoft Direct Push, Data connection
MicroSD card isn't under the battery but you need to remove the battery cover to insert/eject it (push/push method, similar to the 750 but only accessible with the battery cover removed)
Expansion card supports up to 32gb
Red End key turns on the screen, takes you back to the today screen if the screen is on, end hangs up calls (not sure if it turns the screen off, but that might only be available from the power button at the top). Power button at the top turns the screen off and press and hold turns off wireless.

Some apps that showed up in the programs menu included: Adobe Reader LE, Windows Messenger, Java (Esmertec), Internet Proxy, Telenav, Streaming Media (assume this is HTC app), Sprite backup

32GB microSDHC card support is an encouraging sign, seeing as 32GB fullsize SDHC cards are just trickling onto the market and microSDHC cards are only available up to 8GB at the moment. You can find the full discussion thread here.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: 850/pro!!!!!

More stuff to tempt our wallets!

Thanks for the heads up on this...will be looking for more info to come.

late,
Coz
Old 08-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

looks neat, but not digging the centro keyboard
Old 08-19-2008, 01:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Here are some more pics I found in another forum:

You can see the darned SIM card slot...."Darn you VZW"!!!!!

Old 08-19-2008, 01:54 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

cont.:

]
Old 08-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Being a long time 700wx user...I must admit that looks pretty sharp. But that's just me.

I'll stand by for the flaming.

late,
Coz
Old 08-19-2008, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Being a long time 700wx user...I must admit that looks pretty sharp. But that's just me.

I'll stand by for the flaming.

late,
Coz
No flame from here, I am in complete agreement. I have to wonder about the sensitivity of the screen (pics may not do it justice), but other than that, it looks pretty SWEEEET!!!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Now that's a sweet looking Treo! I would be very tempted to switch to AT&T, but they have no 3G here.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 08-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Mali Mal is a n00b

i dont get it cuz the 800w just came out not even a month ago
Old 08-20-2008, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mali Mal View Post
i dont get it cuz the 800w just came out not even a month ago
They have had the 850 in the works for about as long as the 800, I think they just tweaked a couple things to give it it's 'own' look. Whatever it is, I think the 800 could benefit from a make-over like that. I am not too hot on the ENTIRE back being removable like on the PRO, but I think the return of the reset button is a fait trade.

Also.....did you see the stylus in the pics? I know it is a very minor thing, but seeing as how the stylus in the 800 looks like the toothpick in my swiss army knife, this is another welcome return!!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro