PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 850/pro!!!!!

Palm posted a formal page on it...no release info, but it is officially coming out!!

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...=SP_BB_treopro

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

that is the sexiest treo i've seen to date... damn man..

nice find bro!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

This is tempting me more than the 800 is right now.

late,
Coz
Old 08-20-2008, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
that is the sexiest treo i've seen to date... damn man..

nice find bro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
This is tempting me more than the 800 is right now.

late,
Coz
Quite honestly, I can't afford to leave VZW (long story), but if I did, I would be more inclined to follow the Pro than the 800w at this point, the Pro is basically the 800 in a different body, I haven't seen any trimmings, just additions.

As I mentioned earlier...two biggies for me is the return of the reset button and the sturdy cannon of a stylus!!!! The only thing I would have to test would be the sensitivity of the touchscreen!!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor

That is so messed up that they released that chunky 800w on Sprint and then they go and release a phone that actually looks like it belongs in 2008 for GSM only. Seriously Palm, what is wrong with you???!!!

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 09-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level

Bump...cuz this is so freakin' nice!

late,
Coz
Old 09-03-2008, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Bump...cuz this is so freakin' nice!

late,
Coz
OK then....how about this as an update? (per Treonauts newsletter)

Palm Officially Launches Treo Pro in UK

Yesterday afternoon I had the opportunity to attend Palm’s Treo Pro launch event at an upscale location in London’s Covent Garden where the best of the British technology press gathered and where they had the opportunity to have some hands-on time with this terrific (probably the best to date) Windows Mobile powered Palm smartphone.

The Treo Pro will be available in the UK this month through Vodafone from free on contract and also available through O2 direct sales and online business stores. An unlocked version will also be available through the Palm online store as well as select Internet, retail and enterprise resellers for a suggested retail price of £399 (US$720) including VAT. [Note: there is not yet a US carrier announced for the Treo Pro although rumours abound that AT&T is in line and that Verizon and Sprint may not be far behind. An Unlocked will also be available for $549.]

In other words....."Pretty friggin' sweet!!!!!!"
Old 09-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Coz-erator

That's a good update. I sure hope Sprint ends up carrying this phone.

late,
Coz
Old 09-03-2008, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
That's a good update. I sure hope Sprint ends up carrying this phone.

late,
Coz
Not before VZW bub....you guys already got the 800w!!!!

Just kidding, the big challenge now will be biting my tongue and not giving into the 800w if/when VZW picks it up and waiting for the Pro!!

The ongoing challenge of deciding if the device will even be released, or if it is, will it be within the 2 year contract time??? (wouldn't that be a kick in the ___ if you purchase the 800, and the Pro comes out 4-6 months later?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Coz-erator

I just got an email from Palm regarding the Treo Pro.

Interested in purchasing 5 or more? Email our volume sales team at volumesales@store.palm.com.

1 Bonus A/C adaptor available with purchase through 9/22/08. Free shipping available through 11/07/08. Free shipping offer valid only for orders shipped within the continental U.S. excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Not available for shipments to APO/FPO addresses or P.O. boxes. Excludes sales tax and shipping fees. Entire order must be shipped to a single address. **Important Notice Regarding Returns** In the event of a merchandise return, both the Treo Pro and the A/C Adaptor must be returned within 30 days of original purchase to process the refund. If the free item (A/C Adaptor) is not returned, Palm reserves the right to charge the customer the full retail price of this item.

* Within wireless coverage area only. Email and GPS require and account and data services at additional cost. GPS application not available from all carriers. Third-party software may be required. GPS coverage not available in all areas at all times. Wi-Fi within range of 802.11b/g network only. Some Wi-Fi hotspots require fee for usage.

** Within wireless coverage area only. Requires data services at additional cost. Additional fees and software may be needed to comply with corporate IT policy. VPN may be required. Microsoft Direct Push Technology requires Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 or Exchange Server 2007.

Palm and Treo are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to Palm, Inc. Microsoft and Windows Mobile are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.

late,
Coz

Last edited by CozBoogie; 09-09-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro