PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 08:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

bmatic586 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
internet help on treo 700wx

i have a treo 700wx, and since yesterday when i try going to the internet, it's just extremely slow, it takes up to 5 minutes to load a page even though it shows EVDO in the connection.
I don't understand what's going on, it's always worked fine.

i did a soft reset, and same thing, no change, i did memmaid, and still nothing.

can anyone shine some light on this, b/c it's very frustrating.

thank you
Old 10-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Make sure that you have closed all of your other apps. Do this by holding down the "ok" button.
I assuming that by MemMaid you mean that you've cleaned out all of your temp internet files and cookies?
Where are you saving your temp internet files and cookies to? If you're saving them to your sd card this effects PIE performance.

Let us know what happens.

late,
Coz
Old 10-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmatic586 View Post
i have a treo 700wx, and since yesterday when i try going to the internet, it's just extremely slow, it takes up to 5 minutes to load a page even though it shows EVDO in the connection.
I don't understand what's going on, it's always worked fine.

The same thing has happened to me ... where are you located ? i am in SE Michigan ...

Sprint has told me nothing is wrong with the towers in my area , but i dont really believe them .

One thing i can suggest is take a drive away from your area and see if it improves (i plan on doing that) ... if it does contact your provider and tell them about your findings and you would like it if they had a tech go out and check the towers in your area ...
Old 10-05-2007, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bmatic586 is a n00b
I'm in cookeville, TN and i'm going to nashville this weekend and i'll report back
to coz:
i did clear everything with memmaid, and i have the temp files stored to SD card, and I have never had any problems with it until yesterday
Old 10-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmatic586 View Post
I'm in cookeville, TN and i'm going to nashville this weekend and i'll report back
to coz:
i did clear everything with memmaid, and i have the temp files stored to SD card, and I have never had any problems with it until yesterday
I would re-route your temp files and cookies to your device memory and see if that doesn't help.

late,
Coz
Old 10-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

1kwik72 is a n00b
Same thing here located in Lansing MI I cleaned out all the cookies temp internet files and cleared the history and did a couple of soft resets all with no improvment. Today while poking around I noticed there is a file called "profiles" and in there there is a "guest" folder inside there is temp internet files history etc etc if I let a web page load (takes about 2 minutes) the cookies and history end up in the "guest" folder not in the normal temp internet files or history folder whats up with that? This could be completly normal but I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff I just know enough to be dangerous lol. Any luck anyone?

Thanks
Craig

Last edited by 1kwik72; 10-05-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1kwik72 View Post
Same thing here located in Lansing MI
***Sprint EVDO update in MI***

after taking a 40 mi. roundtrip drive to the only spint store in my area with a tech , i was informed that the entire SE MI (and perhaps beyond) EVDO network is f'ed up and there is no telling how long it will take to fix ... what makes it even more peculiar is that it only seems to be affecting WM5 and WM6 devices ... palm OS phones and mobile broadband aircards dont seem to be experiencing the same issue
Old 10-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx

Xxsrt4xX is a n00b
Same problem here in jersey. In EVDO when first logging onto the homepage, the screen load hangs up for about a minute and then fully loads in a shot. Also, it keeps have to locate,then open the pages as if each time I sit idle for 15seconds or more it disconnects. Definitely a problem with the network if we're all having the same problem at the same time with no change in PIE habits.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx

Xxsrt4xX is a n00b
I think I may have found the solution. I've been using user assigned servers 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 due to the picturemail issue with sprint and the 700Wx. I now changed back to automatic server and installed the updated 9/17 pic mail .cab file that Wideawake posted and this seemed to solve the problem.....at least in 1x area. Will try in EVDO tonight around 10pm. I'll keep you all up to date with my findings.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxsrt4xX View Post
I think I may have found the solution. I've been using user assigned servers 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 due to the picturemail issue with sprint and the 700Wx. I now changed back to automatic server and installed the updated 9/17 pic mail .cab file that Wideawake posted and this seemed to solve the problem.....at least in 1x area. Will try in EVDO tonight around 10pm. I'll keep you all up to date with my findings.
i did the opposite ... i switched to the dns servers you were using and viola !!! internet connection issues were solved . i then called sprint tech support and tried to explain to them that the dns servers that are servicing my area are having issues . unfortunately the tech didnt have the brain power to take what i was saying and process it , instead she continued to read off her flow chart . after about 40 minutes of not fixing my issue (and claiming she was a treo "expert") she basically gave up . i then told her that i would switch from the sprint dns servers so i could use my data services . the one good thing that came of all of it was that i got the MSL code for my phone ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX