PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Lurker

rob3379 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Modifying .tsk Files

Can someone please modify this to fit 700WX PLEASE?

http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/35370/

Thanks
Old 10-30-2006, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
Best I could do rob3379 for lack of time is on my side today
enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip wm5_240_dracongirl_138.zip (162.3 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
How do we modify .tst files ...specifically to resize them to 240?

I have the MS theme generator and McDeb but they're only good at modifying the .jpg pre-theme creation, as far as I can tell.

Here I'm thinking about this new "Crossbow" .tsk :

Attached Files
File Type: zip crossbow_176.zip (83.7 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-30-2006, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
very nice.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I have been thinking of getting Themmaker M or X. But with WM5 being such a PITA color wise I am not sure I want to spend the money. Here is what that raw tsk file looks like on my wx. And here is the tsk modified with Thememaker M to reize the background image. Not shure what is causing the wierd color bands though.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:11 PM

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by budney
I have been thinking of getting Themmaker M or X. But with WM5 being such a PITA color wise I am not sure I want to spend the money. Here is what that tsk file look like on my wx.
Did you re-size it?

I know WM5 automatically crops down the .tsk to the appropriate size, but in doing so you could potentially waste memory as it is still loading the entire file, although it will still work.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
Using software like Theme maker M you are able to add you own backround or pull the picture backround out of a standerd se tsk. Using it in the WM5-240 format with backround being croped to fit with no added memory===Perfect fit.From that point you can customize everything else to your liking.You then can select the compression,,,high,mid or low when saving themes giving you much freedom when it comes to space taken.The standerd SE theme is around 39 to 50 KB.If convertd On WM5 240 high compression it"s the same.No more space taken.I prefer low compression inturn giving you a much more pretty theme then orginal se theme tsk, file hacked for its backround.
good stuff
I posted a link in the 240x240 Theme collection thread to some of my work.I have about 20 themes put together..Heck I posted about 10 today hahahah----I played hookie from work
Old 10-31-2006, 02:17 AM

Treo_newb, thanks for the info. Good stuff.

BTW, what link posted above for the rest of your themes? I don't see any...
Old 10-31-2006, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
Sorry It"s in the
240x240 Theme collection Thread in one of my post.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:14 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Treo_newb, thanks for the info.

What is the best way to edit the background images? Use M/X or a stand alone image editor. I would like to get the crossbow background looking correct, getting rid of the color bands.

And with having a stand alone editor is Thememaker X worth it, or will M do?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX