PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 07:05 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant
Treo Caller ID Pictures.... *WIP*

Hi everyone...
Well, I am trying to get bigger caller ID photos, and I think I (not really I, but a forum I have been active over at TC) has found the reg key..

Then using a registry editor go to "HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin" and change Enabled from 1 to 0 then go up one level to "HKLM\Security\Phone" and change Keymap to "ERTDFGXCVZUBO" and Charmap to "ertdfgxcvzubo"

If you swap your entry for those new ones, you get bigger caller id photos, you just lose your VM notification. I am sure there is a way to get both, so I trying to find the right combination.

Anyone else interested? Willing to help? Can shed some more help on this topic?
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 07-22-2007, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone :)
Carrier: AT&T

Reako10 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Reako10
I saw this thread over at TC. This is the only option available to alter the dial pad. I tried this for roughly a day and it created many crashes and slightly annoying negative effects, IE Loss of Voicemail. I decided to drop it for those reasons. If someone can edit the Reg to keep the stability I would love to skin my device using this!

-Reako
Old 07-22-2007, 08:38 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Threadstarter

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant
Actually, the activecall.dll caused most, if not all of your crashes...

The regedits are responsible i think for the popup notification and ppicture size.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jayweezie21 is keeping up the good workjayweezie21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jayweezie21
just buy photo contacts pro =)
Old 07-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch
Carrier: VZW for 8 years now SERO

Knether is keeping up the good workKnether is keeping up the good work
PCP works great for a few days, then it locks up during calls. Probably wants something more integrated and seems like its a apart of the phone.

Challenge me into a game of COD4. If you dare.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone :)
Carrier: AT&T

Reako10 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Reako10
I think he wants to keep the Windows theme. Plus, PCP takes up the entire screen and seems a bit fuzzy. Not very OEM like, and a little sketchy. I also had problems with it after a week or so.

-Reako
Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Lurker

FrankBradley is a n00b
Does the 700wx Version offers Area code caller ID like the 700p version...Example....When someone calls from another state and the Number is unknowed will it identify the Area code and what state it's calling from
Old 07-24-2007, 12:22 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Threadstarter

the 700wx does not offer area code ID...check out CityID....search the forums for that piece of software....

Reako10.....well, I would like the windows theme, but that is not the important part....the part i want is the larger caller id pictures.....I am just working through strings to see if i can idenitfy where that setting is being tied down to.

Remember, you can keep the activecall.dll and just change the string to get bigger callerid pictures.....

i remember awhile back, reading in here that caller id pics were able to be set by the registery.....I just now think we are onto something.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Interesting stuff.

I also notice I loose my Speakerphone when doing this trick (and I think my ringer, but that was mentioned in another thread about this trick).

Certainly the larger ID pic is nice and it's faster than 3rd party tricks.

Unfortunately, the VM notification is universal e.g. rlToday still won't pick it up (and I presume the same with Phonealarm).

Not sure where else to go from here though. It seems the "skin" is tied into the core of the OS...
Old 07-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch
Carrier: VZW for 8 years now SERO

Knether is keeping up the good workKnether is keeping up the good work
The slide to unlock provides a backgrounds.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX