PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 08:39 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I tried to modify them so you can make it out better, I used WHITE to represent existing soldering and used RED to represent where I soldered the wire onto... see how blurry the picture is
Old 01-28-2007, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: StarTec
Carrier: Cellular One

Painter_ is keeping up the good workPainter_ is keeping up the good work
Wondeful hack. It took less then 3 minutes. Now I have an extra cahrge/sync cable.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:07 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
damn i wish i had my soldering iron at school... guess ihave to wait till i get home next time to do this.. GREAT FIND!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

D-Bo is a n00b
Very cool, I'm going to do this tonight, necessity truly is
the mother of invention (or in this case innovation).
Old 01-29-2007, 01:23 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007
that's if you have one, all I had was one USB Data Cable... nothing else
change it to be able to sync and charge now! I don't know why they just didn't make it charge to begin with just like JACK said... guess it's a marketing thing...
BTW Jack... when I was younger I used to have a t-shirt that had JACK SCHITT FAMILY TREE ON IT
I was sent home from school... ha ha
ha ha are you serious? was it spelled like that as well? sorry so late on replying.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

rddt is a n00b
Any chance this will damage the unit at all, or compromise USB data transfer? This hack seems great, but I don't want to jump on it if there's any risk.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:35 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSchitt28
Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007
that's if you have one, all I had was one USB Data Cable... nothing else
change it to be able to sync and charge now! I don't know why they just didn't make it charge to begin with just like JACK said... guess it's a marketing thing...
BTW Jack... when I was younger I used to have a t-shirt that had JACK SCHITT FAMILY TREE ON IT
I was sent home from school... ha ha
ha ha are you serious? was it spelled like that as well? sorry so late on replying.
Just like that, it had Ida, Horse, Giva and others too!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:38 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rddt
Any chance this will damage the unit at all, or compromise USB data transfer? This hack seems great, but I don't want to jump on it if there's any risk.
I used mine all weekend, plugged into my laptop, synced, played around with it, transfered files, installed programs... you know, used it.
It didn't smoke once nor did I smell burned electronics. it's safe to use because I checked with my voltmeter and the same volts going out of an "unhacked" charger and the hacked sync cable are the same.
There's always a chance of anything messing up anything even if it's purchased from the OEM. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, don't do it, if you do... do it as much as you can!
Old 01-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Lurker

Stupid Vidiot is a n00b
I need a second charger so I am considering this hack. However, I am concerned that there is charge management circuitry in the charger that came with the 700wx that isn't present in the USB cable. I know that NiMh batteries require such circuitry. What about Lithium Ion batteries? If Lithium Ion batteries need charge management circuitry, I take it that it is built into to the phone itself?
Old 01-29-2007, 06:42 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Vidiot
I need a second charger so I am considering this hack. However, I am concerned that there is charge management circuitry in the charger that came with the 700wx that isn't present in the USB cable. I know that NiMh batteries require such circuitry. What about Lithium Ion batteries? If Lithium Ion batteries need charge management circuitry, I take it that it is built into to the phone itself?
Umm, okay? hehehehe
all I can say is that I let this charge my phone over night and there was no problems. In the morning my battery didn't say charged to 110%.
I had my phone plugged into my computer with the same cable all day at work and I still haven't seen any problems. I wouldn't even know how to check for charge management circurity. I guess what you're saying is that you wonder if the charger needs to stop charging on its own after the battery reaches full charge... if that's what you fear, don't leave it on the charger overnight... I guess.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX