PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alarm dilemma!!!

I have noticed that ever since the daylight savings change (not sure if that had anything to do with it, but that is when this problem started) that all of my alarm clock apps do not work. The stock alarm, SPB Time, Pocket Alarm, and a couple others including Greensoft's Alarm Clock (that has worked flawlessly for over a year) do not go off. When I do a reset sometimes the Greensoft becomes part of the startup list, and will go off once, and then it becomes dead in the water again.

All of these apps seem to run like normal, I can go into the menus, change things, hear the tones....everything I could do before, but no alarms will go off at the set times!!!!!

Not sure if this has been covered, I couldn't find anything resembling it.....I would appreciate ANY help with this problem!!!!!

Thanks as always guys!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 AM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx

2sa is a n00b
Re: Alarm dilemma!!!

Have you tried to delete any duplicate notifications using MemMaid?
Old 03-11-2008, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Did a full sweep, nothing!! I am really puzzled by this, I must have tried 5 different alarm apps plus the stock WM alarm, none work!!!!

Actually...as long as it has been mentioned, I am no wiz at MemMaid, but when I did the search, the list was quite extensive but only found 9 duplicates that I deleted. In the remaining list though MANY of them were either Clock, or Calendar EXE's. If they are not dups, what are they???

(I know this borders on hijacking the thread, but it IS my thread LOL)

Last edited by syrguy1969; 03-11-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:17 AM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular

2sa is a n00b

Just tested SPB and the stock alarm...both worked fine for me. I rarely use either anymore since I have found them to be unreliable for me over long term usage.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I don't use them either for the same reason, I found a great one in Greensoft's Alarm Clock...easy to use, loud, and (until now) reliable!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:29 AM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular

2sa is a n00b

sounds stupid...but try taking the battery out for 10 seconds or so. Then allow it to start back up. Different type of reset and sometimes triggers a different result. I have done this when I see my Weather Panel has trouble updating, usually as a result of some alarm or notification being "hung up".
Old 03-11-2008, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I will give that a shot, I know what you mean about a diffent reset!! I will let you know...thanks for the idea!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 02:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

If you'd go to bed early like a good lil boy, you wouldn't need an alarm

Side Note: I bet I seem pretty retarded owning a Titan now and still having a screenshot of my old Treo up I should of kept the Treo cuz this thing is about to cause me to get divorced.

Accepted NOT Expected

Last edited by lllboredlll; 03-11-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:44 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Leave it to you to chime in with something like that!!!! (I knew at lease one crack would be made though!!!)

Personally I would have stuck with my Treo over the Titan, but it sounds like you have a lot more going on than just an alarm not going off!!!! YIKES....good luck!!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:39 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well...I thought it worked. I did the battery out reset, deleted a couple more duplicate notifications, and the alarm seemed to work two or three times, but this morning....nothing!!! I am really getting frustrated with this, and I am afraid I may have to resort to a hard reset (I really don't wanna)!!!

I would be very interested in learning more about the notifications in MemMaid if anyone knows though....it may be normal, but when I see 10 or more isentical notifications 'clock.exe' (or something like that) and they are not found as duplicates, I have to wonder what they mean, or if I should delete some manually!!!!

Anybody?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX