PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

orangesuburban is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
good battery life?

im on the stock battery...

was down to low 40% after 14 hours.

around 100 text.
around 40 minutes of talk time
around 10 minutes of web surfing
around 10 minutes of streaming music/video
constant on/off soft resets changing things around.
checking for emails every hour
backlight on 40%
keyboard on 1 minute

im VERY happy with this performance, MUCH better then m 6700 was! but like always, i want better! is there anything i can do to get a little better? if not where is the best place to buy a bigger battery?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:56 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
i was getting better battery life on my 6700 than i am on my treo. 6700 with backlight all the way to the max and still did better than this battery. seidio has a 3200 mah battery, check a thread below this one and you should find it. the 2400 mah batterys arent that bad in price and is a hell of alot better than the stock
Old 12-15-2006, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

wouldya is a n00b
Sonin, really?

I was getting between 12 and 16 hours if I was lucky, with casual use. I remember an IM conversation on the 6700 that killed the battery in 2 hours.

On the other hand, I am on my stock battery with the WX and I cannot be happier. yes, when I am sitting there and just playing games and DLing stuff on Pocket G2 Pro and on the internet, the internet connection shreds the battery, but it lasts me longer than my laptop battery with similar activities ( i know a laptop runs 100x more processes than the WX during normal operation).

I'm still trying to decide if i need the 3200mAh battery. As of now, no. Maybe I would need it if i was stranded without any external power for 20 hours.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:35 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
I'm getting very good battery life on my 700wx. After a full day of calls, browsing, texting, playing, etc. I get home at 5 p.m. and I'm down to no less than 50%. I'm damn happy with that considering what this bad boy can do. I usually go all weekend to on one charge...but with anything in life your actual mileage may vary and past performance is not indicative of future earnings.
Late,
Coz
Old 12-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldya
Sonin, really?

I was getting between 12 and 16 hours if I was lucky, with casual use. I remember an IM conversation on the 6700 that killed the battery in 2 hours.

On the other hand, I am on my stock battery with the WX and I cannot be happier. yes, when I am sitting there and just playing games and DLing stuff on Pocket G2 Pro and on the internet, the internet connection shreds the battery, but it lasts me longer than my laptop battery with similar activities ( i know a laptop runs 100x more processes than the WX during normal operation).

I'm still trying to decide if i need the 3200mAh battery. As of now, no. Maybe I would need it if i was stranded without any external power for 20 hours.
i could swear i could get i would get at least a day with the 6700 stock. but just recently, my wx battery has been doing better than before. it now will last me mostly all day with the screen backlight at default(when you first get the phone) with browsing the web and playin cubis. also with push mail comin in. im not sure if i really do need the 2400 battery on this phone or not.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

kaiguy is becoming a great contributor
I've found my stock battery has been draining faster and faster, with not all that much use other than push email and phone use. I have been having to charge my phone every night or else I won't get through the next day.

Yesterday my Seidio battery arrived (not the huge one, but their first extended battery) and I can already tell a difference. I've been using my wx a lot today and even without charging last night I've still got plenty of juice. I'd recommend it!
Old 12-16-2006, 03:45 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiguy
I've found my stock battery has been draining faster and faster, with not all that much use other than push email and phone use. I have been having to charge my phone every night or else I won't get through the next day.

Yesterday my Seidio battery arrived (not the huge one, but their first extended battery) and I can already tell a difference. I've been using my wx a lot today and even without charging last night I've still got plenty of juice. I'd recommend it!
so your talkin about the 2400mah battery?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Lurker

Jpkore is a n00b
ive found

if you use the keylight app and turn off the keyboard LEDS you can squeeze an extra hr to 2hrs alone just by not lighting up the keyboard.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
I'm not too thrilled about the battery life on my 700wx, it seems about the same as every other phone I've had previously.

Mine reaches down in to the 30-25 range by the time I get home after a day of basically push email. I get maybe 10 emails a day. I think my problem is that my office is close to the press which is putting out a lot of electrical noise causing my phone to have to work a little harder to keep signal.

I've been using the 2400mah Seidio battery for a couple of months now and keep my keyboard backlight off all the time. Didn't notice a lot of change between the 2400 and the stock battery.

Sounds like you're getting awesome battery life in your case though, orange.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

orangesuburban is a n00b
bearxor, what programs are you running? if your getting down to 25% on push only there is something wrong! i have yet to see less then 40% with my usage...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX