PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pre on Family Plan

Forgive me for being 'out of the loop' on this, but is it possible to upgrade a line on a family plan (no SERO involved here) to a Palm Pre? This line has Sprint's PowerVision unlimited data plan ($25/mo). Or, is it absolutely necessary to get one of the 'everything' plans? I know you can't use a Pre with SERO, but I wasn't sure about a family plan...
Old 06-14-2009, 08:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Pre on Family Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsvnet View Post
Forgive me for being 'out of the loop' on this, but is it possible to upgrade a line on a family plan (no SERO involved here) to a Palm Pre? This line has Sprint's PowerVision unlimited data plan ($25/mo). Or, is it absolutely necessary to get one of the 'everything' plans? I know you can't use a Pre with SERO, but I wasn't sure about a family plan...
Yeah, you should be fine doing this. But best thing to do is ask your Sprint rep.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:59 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i love my everything plan at a price of 115 bucks a month but worth it
Old 06-14-2009, 10:27 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
must be everything plan (or one of the newer more expensive seros)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Yeah, you should be fine doing this. But best thing to do is ask your Sprint rep.
while u may or may not get a 'better' deal, sprint has been adamant about this plan requirement (and i refuse to change my plan)
Old 06-15-2009, 01:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4G & Palm Pre & Touch Pro 2

Scottcrsi is keeping up the good workScottcrsi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I was in your same situation. I had a family messaging plan with unlimited data attached to only one line. If you want to activate a pre on any line within a family plan you must upgrade the whole plan to everything data. I spent hours on the phone with sprint trying to get it on my old plan, but as of right now there is no way around it.

Read the adventure part of my review in the Official Palm Pre User Review Thread for more info.

Touch Diamond
Juicy 3.7 Rom (Thanks Juicy!)

Touch Pro
Stock Sprint Rom
Old 06-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

It has to be an everything plan, even for family plans. You got two choices. Upgrade the whole plan to a family plan, or move the Pre only line to it's own everything plan. Most likely the everything family plan will be most economical if you have unlimited text and internet on the other lines.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work

yeah, they told me the same thing. i have 4 phones on the plan and they told me i would have to change the whole plan as a whole or keep three phones with the plan i have now and get the pre with the new everything plan. but yeah its cheaper to change everybody to the new everything family plan for me.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

I went from 3 Sero $50 lines to one EPRP family plan of $165 a month. So I only get 550 less minutes which is fine for me. I may have even gotten away with the 1600 minute family plan. I do get sprint navigation now, black berry information services so anyone on the plan can get a blackberry if they want, and no restrictions on which phones I can have. It cost me only $5 more per line. Definitely worth it to me. If I went with the 1600 minute family plan I would have been saving $25 a month.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
I went from 3 Sero $50 lines to one EPRP family plan of $165 a month. So I only get 550 less minutes which is fine for me. I may have even gotten away with the 1600 minute family plan. I do get sprint navigation now, black berry information services so anyone on the plan can get a blackberry if they want, and no restrictions on which phones I can have. It cost me only $5 more per line. Definitely worth it to me. If I went with the 1600 minute family plan I would have been saving $25 a month.
Is that 3 lines with unlimited data/texting on each?

Thanks everyone for your input. To be honest it looks like I'm going to wait it out for the Touch Pro2...which hopefully won't carry this 'everything' restriction.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Is that 3 lines with unlimited data/texting on each?

Thanks everyone for your input. To be honest it looks like I'm going to wait it out for the Touch Pro2...which hopefully won't carry this 'everything' restriction.
EPRP is the same as the Everything family plan just at a discount. It's what took over for SERO. They moved me to it, since I was on SERO already.

Regular family 3,000 minute plan is $179.99 a month plus $20 per line after the first two, EPRP $149.99 for 3200 minutes and $15 for the 3rd line.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre