PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sorge is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tethering is the only thing...

The more I hear about it, the more I want one. I just have to wait 4 months for it to be usable on my third party plan. Tethering is a big thing to me, and I want to know if the pre has any options for this. I have free phone as modem, so I can do it the legit way, just wondering if it has that option? Or is it like the instinct and they left that out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:08 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Re: Tethering is the only thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorge View Post
The more I hear about it, the more I want one. I just have to wait 4 months for it to be usable on my third party plan. Tethering is a big thing to me, and I want to know if the pre has any options for this. I have free phone as modem, so I can do it the legit way, just wondering if it has that option? Or is it like the instinct and they left that out.
as far as sprint is concerned its just like the instinct, everything plan required and no phone as modem support !!!
Old 06-09-2009, 03:45 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

but there is a workaround for the Instinct for PAM, so maybe there is a way for the Pre?

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-09-2009, 06:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

tbran is becoming a great contributor

As sexy as the Pre is, I just think it will be a disappointment in many areas for quite some time. The little things that you take for granted with WinMo just won't be readily available. Ask any early iphone user how frustrating it was and how limited apps were and then figure that Palm will move about half that speed building it's app catalog. Even 3rd party will be slow coming.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:24 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Yeah the no tethering thing really got to me too. Sprint, just like other carriers, just cripples perfectly good phones. And they have that wack plan to go with it

But WebOS is very nice overall. I can't wait to see it on different phones. I didn't much like the Pre too much, but that OS is awesome. Especially when we get some third party stuff going. We'll see how Palm handles WebOS over this next year.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Zyphlin is keeping up the good workZyphlin is keeping up the good work

I know there's already some people hard at work trying to find a way to get tethering. Its something I'll miss from my Diamond but I have no doubt someone will hack a way to do it in time.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well if you own a Mac then Phone as Modem works fine if you use bluetooth to share the connection. I have not tried it on Windows yet.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2009, 01:43 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i just hate not seeing a finish to stuff, so to finish this thread, there is the link for thethering even though its all over the place. Mods can shut this down now lol
http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/my-tether
Old 08-14-2009, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor

Yep, the pre tethers like a champ!
Old 08-14-2009, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular