PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jdmallstar2000 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
need help

heyy guys i have a brand new in the box touch pro 2 replacement because my screen had cracked so i put in a claim and i just received the new phone. I've been getting tired of windows mobile lately and wanted to try a new OS, how do i go about getting a new palm pre? can i do an even exchange?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:52 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: need help

If you have a brand new in the box TP2, and not a refurb, you might be able to talk to a GM at your local Sprint store into replacing it with a Pre or other device of equal or lesser value. I did it many years ago from a PPC6700 to a MotoQ, big mistake, and was told then as long as it's a lesser value device they can do it. Good. luck.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

You could always sell your TP2 and then use those funds to get the Pre.

late,
Coz
Old 10-05-2010, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fishpony is becoming a great contributor

you could probably get $200 for your TP2 on ebay, I just picked up a Pre on craigslist for $70 with a touchstone. That's what i would do. I went from a TP2 to Pre since i upgraded to sero premium and really like the Pre, other than the horrible battery life and so so hardware its pretty cool. running it at 1ghz prob doesnt help the battery life but it flies.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpony View Post
you could probably get $200 for your TP2 on ebay, I just picked up a Pre on craigslist for $70 with a touchstone. That's what i would do. I went from a TP2 to Pre since i upgraded to sero premium and really like the Pre, other than the horrible battery life and so so hardware its pretty cool. running it at 1ghz prob doesnt help the battery life but it flies.
The 1ghz kernel improved my battery life as did the 800mhz. I've heard several users make the same comment.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:51 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

800mhz kernel improved my battery life as well.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PalmPre Plus, HTC Vogue, Samsung i760, iPaq 2415
Carrier: Verizon

HIYinOR is a n00b

I still enjoy playing with WinMo and would have chosen the Touch Pro 2 over the PrePlus BEFORE... but not that I own a Pre Plus.
My point is that the TP2 is still a great WinMo phone and SOMEBODY will pay you more than enough to buy a Pre Plus, all because of "Supply and Demand". There are tons of Pre's for sale on craigslist but I rarely see a TP 2.
If you can't find anybody then I have a used Pre Plus I am more that willing to trade.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level

Yeah...before I went over to the Epic I had my Pre overclocked and it was a pretty slick device.

late,
Coz
Old 10-06-2010, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fishpony is becoming a great contributor

I really didnt have a chance to play with my pre at stock speeds so i can't comment on battery life before. All i know is I charge my phone about 3 times a day. And it has gotten very hot on the 1ghz kernal. I tried dropping it down to 500mhz this morning to see how long the battery lasted but its too slow for me, i'll just live with the battery life at 800-1000mhz

I had my TP2 at 690mhz and i could go 2 days sometimes without charging it. I think i might just be playing with the pre a lot more since it's pretty new. Now i'm ready for some new Webos hardware on sprint, got my upgrade waiting for it.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Coz-erator

Are you using Govnah on your Pre to regulate speeds? Cuz you can select Screenstate as an option in Govnah that brings the speed up to 800 when the screen is on and drops it down to 250 when it's off.

Mine didn't get that hot when charging with an overclocked kernel....hmmmm...

late,
Coz
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre