PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 11:13 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Man pcworld is on this like rye on bread(the good kind) :)

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro 2 forum.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:17 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

I know I may get flamed, but this is my own opinion...

I HATE 6.5!

Every time I've tried a ROM with 6.5 it always disappoints me. It's like going from XP to Vista.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Review...

Thanks psiphi.

His closing thoughts hit is on the head...

Quote:
I wasn’t expecting a whole lot from this point release, but I was expecting more than what Microsoft delivered. I expected to be able to place icons where I wanted them on the Start displays, I expected to have finger friendly menus throughout the OS, and I expected some attention to the media player, device search, and more.

I am a fan of Windows Mobile, but find very little added value in this Windows Mobile 6.5 release and would never recommend anyone actually purchase a new device just to get this update on their smartphone. We are going to have to wait and see if Microsoft can pull anything out of the hat in Windows Mobile 7, but with the current schedule of late 2010, most likely slipping into 2011 like this release, I think the T-Mobile Touch Pro2 may be my last Windows Mobile device for quite some time.
Sounds familiar.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

uscjunkie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
I know I may get flamed, but this is my own opinion...

I HATE 6.5!

Every time I've tried a ROM with 6.5 it always disappoints me. It's like going from XP to Vista.
You must not have tried the Energy Roms then....they are as close to perfection as you will find.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:27 AM
The GrooGrux King

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjunkie View Post
You must not have tried the Energy Roms then....they are as close to perfection as you will find.
Tried em. It's not the ROM's themselves, it's the interface.

I dunno...I'll probably give it another try once an official 6.5 comes out.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

galinsky is becoming a great contributor

I am more interested in TF3D 2.5 or 2.5.1 than i am 6.5 i guess. I have used the energy rom and it makes 6.5 more htan worthwhile. I am VERY excited to see his new ROM with 2.5 on it!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:30 AM
The GrooGrux King

Quote:
Originally Posted by galinsky View Post
I am more interested in TF3D 2.5 or 2.5.1 than i am 6.5 i guess.
Agreed.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

that guy is pretty much keeping it real. the version they will release is kind of weak. the newer versions you can move the icons around but not being able to do that would be a pain. also we knew 6.5 was a patch for 6.1. everyone knows winmo 7 is suppose to be the revolutionary change. also ive been saying it for days that the Zune should be the next phone, the music player on that is killing. also i do have to agree when he says the app store supports every os when its only suppose to support 6.5.
i start to disagree when he starts talking about the iphone being better. you will only get a better experience if thats your thing. i have a touch and i only use it for the music player because its vastly superior, other then that the iphone lacks many features i need. overall im happy with 6.5 but i guess it all depends on what your expecting.

Last edited by p-slim; 10-06-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

wow, serious haterade.

The only feasible alternative to a developer or anyone who actually wants something they can change out of the box is android. And it is basically just a point of preference. 6.5.1 is still being worked on as far as I know and should be released in the not terribly distant future. I for one don't even like 6.5.1 and every time I flash any 23xx after 23017 it just annoys me and I end up flashing back to 6.5. It seems a lot of the vitriol are for things that don't actually make a difference in the practical sense. All of this slamming because the OS core is "old" is not a reason not to go with it unless it actually impedes what you want to do, and I would much rather rock 6.5 than symbian, iphone, blackberry. I have yet to really get my hands on android, maybe Ill buy a used g1 on the cheap and just put donut on it or something to get the feel for it.

I for one like WM6.5, I've been using it since May and I still find things I like about it and different UIs to tweak and add to it. The iphone can do nothing that I want to and can't do with WM. When wm7 comes out then all of the haters can close their holes about an old OS core. I'll be rocking my Leo with wm7 and maybe my Dragon with android and to hell with the iphone and anything else.

I can't believe I'm the only one who actually likes WM on these forums
Old 10-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

^ who said we don't like WM? We obviously do, that's why we're all here. And I'd say 6.5.1 > 6.5. I originally didn't like it but eventually got used to it and couldn't imagine going back to 6.5.

All we're saying is that MS is falling behind the curve, and they're falling fast. They're running out of time to salvage their OS and we're pointing it out.

And clearly the "core" is outdated and is a huge problem, otherwise handset manufacturers (HTC, Sony, etc) wouldn't be busting their *** putting out a software overlay so the users of the phone never have to even deal with WM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives