PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 02:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus
Carrier: Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 coming to Telus!!!!!

I've heard the Touch Pro 2 is coming to Telus this month sometime. Yuppie!!!!!!

I have the Touch Pro right now. Who thinks its worth the upgrade?

"True knowledge exists in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates
Old 07-12-2009, 02:57 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time
Carrier: Sprint

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touch Pro 2 coming to Telus!!!!!

search these boards you will get the info you are looking for
Old 07-12-2009, 04:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball
TP or TP2? hmmmm....

I've got the Diamond with Telus, and I think I'm going to upgrade. I feel the need for a hardware KB! (plus the slide-out screen tilts too)

SO: Im going with the specs on the GSM version over in Europe, cause the specs havent been released for the Telus version yet...
  • The Unit itself is bigger than the TP, and more heavy. Quite a beast.
  • The screen size on the TP2 is a whopping WVGA (480x800) 3.6" diagonal.(iphone is 3.5", my diamond is 2.8", to give ya perspective) This is a mega-selling point for me.
  • Of course a slide-out backlit Keyboard that tilts up to 50 degrees! woo
  • There's expandable storage via the mini-SD slot (diamond is 4gb non-expandable) but i think your pro is expandable too.
  • The battery's a 1500MaH, apparently the GSM version over in the EU has got some considerable battery life improvements over the TP.
  • The TP2 has 256mb RAM and 512MB ROM... and essentially the same 520Mhz processor.
  • BUT! you will lose your d-pad. the TP2 doesnt have one! Just a 'zoom' bar.
Bottom line: Upgrading from the TP gets you a larger unit, a larger, higher resolution screen, a 'tilting' screen, better batt. life, backlit keyboard, and the new TF3D 2 interface. You'll lose your d-pad, and likely a load of cash.

From the Diamond to the TP2 I will get a larger/better screen, a slide out KB, expandable memory, better batt. life, 256MB more ROM space, AND A SMEXY NEW TOY!

so the decision's up to you methinks... Time to weight the pros/cons. Rumours are the TP2 will be released around the 21st of July with Telus, @ $550 w/o contract, so you have a bit of time to make up your mind.

Good Luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
...IT'S COMING! - Telus TP2

AHH yes my friends.... my future baby's on the Telus site right now.

...You can see the "coming soon" link on the right hand side of Telus' Website!

Current rumours say it'll launch on the 21st of July, at about $550 CAD with no contract.

I'll keep ya posted!

**EDIT**

Apparently the model number for the Telus TP2 is T7379 (diamond was P3041, TP was T7279)

***EDIT 2***

It's actually up on the site now ! woohoo!!!

Just follow the link to the Telus TP2 Webpage

****EDIT 3****

Apparently, there has been a press release for the Telus TP2:
See the article @ PPCThoughts HERE

"Available later this month, the HTC Touch Pro2 smartphone will help TELUS clients stay in touch easily with a large sliding 3.6" touchscreen and full QWERTY keypad. The enhanced Windows Mobile 6.1 professional platform will enable users to sync their email, contacts and calendar with Microsoft ActiveSync, plus access applications such as YouTube on TELUS' 3G network and almost anywhere they travel around the world with TELUS international roaming."
  • Network support: 3G EVDO Rev A, HSPA, Quad-band EDGE to stay productive and entertained on-the-go while travelling abroad or across Canada
  • Optional microSD memory expandable to 16 GB to store documents, music, videos and photos
  • 3.6" 65k WVGA (800x 480) touchscreen
  • 3.2 MP camera/video with auto focus to take and share pictures with family and friends
  • Easy access to You Tube, Digital Photo Frame and weather
  • TELUS Navigator, TELUS Visual Voice Mail, TELUS mobile TV and more
So we will see it before the end of July, and it WILL support quad band GSM and CDMA networks. w00t.

****EDIT 4****

We now have a video Review, posted by MobileSyrup. Check out their post At Their Website

It's a black & grey theme, and we see the back cover. It's the same style as the European version. Woo!
Also, the interface is snappy as hell. I can't wait for this to hit (hopefully) next week!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slidout.jpg (139.5 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg htc_touchpro2_t7379.jpg (7.5 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by banjoeball; 07-16-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: more info!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor
Re: TP or TP2? hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeball88 View Post
Rumours are the TP2 will be released around the 21st of July with Telus, @ $550 w/o contract, so you have a bit of time to make up your mind.
In addition to start saving up the $!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:51 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: ...IT'S COMING! - Telus TP2

I see the blackberry tour in the coming soon area, but I cant find anything about a TP2 anywhere on the site :S. You'll have to point it out to me better, I'm missing it. There's plenty of info online though if you google "touch pro 2 on telus".

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 07-12-2009 at 06:54 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond & SGH-i780
Carrier: SingTel

cyferick is a n00b

For those who already own a TP, I dont think the upgrade is really worthwile. Same Hardware & Memory is perhaps the biggest turn-off...
Old 07-12-2009, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

yeah and the biggest turn on is bigger memory better keyboard, and there is a newer processor to boot
the resistive touch screen has been improved drastically from what I have seen so its not the same hardware technically
Old 07-12-2009, 11:25 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

ill stay put till the hero.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: ...IT'S COMING! - Telus TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
I see the blackberry tour in the coming soon area, but I cant find anything about a TP2 anywhere on the site :S. You'll have to point it out to me better, I'm missing it. There's plenty of info online though if you google "touch pro 2 on telus".

If you follow the link I posted, and scroll down the page, on the right hand side there is a "coming soon" tab with a TP2 link. you can't miss it.

There is no real info on it yet, as the site is being updated as we speak. I'm just excited because this is the first time that Telus has recognized (on their site at least) that they are actually getting the TP2 soon.

I'm guessing we will see actual specs and pictures of the Telus TP2 (not just speculation) on their site later today.

Last edited by banjoeball; 07-12-2009 at 11:52 AM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives