PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 04:07 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[CLOSED AGAIN] WinMo AppStore Open for Business (Marketplace)? Did I miss the memo?

[UPDATE] I guess it was a mistake by MS or they were testing it because I can no longer access it. I am using a customized version of Calc's WinMo 6.5 build 21501 ROM from his kitchen. I think it is located in the SYS and not the OEM. The original Marketplace icon was a .lnk shortcut to Marketplace.exe in my Windows folder. The CABs (installation and programs) do not have the option to save just install. I searched to find them in some sort of temp folder with no luck. When I had it installed, I clicked on it and it would just say Marketplace could not connect to the server. I did a hard reset, clicked on the icon and it is again redirecting me to the website saying that it is coming soon. Well hopefully it is coming soon.

If you are like me, than you have been playing with WinMo 6.5 beta roms and have seen the Marketplace Icon. I have opened it numerous times and never paid attention to it because it always said "Coming Soon" or something of the sorts. Today I clicked on it and it said CAB needed to be installed. After install, voila! Marketplace open for business. I already downloaded Pandora successfully. There are not too many fun apps yet and most of them come with a charge. But the layout of the store was very finger friendly and very snappy. If I just missed the memo, please close and disregard the post. Sorry I tried to search and have found other posts of the Marketplace, but none stating that it opened. Can someone with a 6.5 ROM and the Marketplace icon please confirm or deny this?

Last edited by MrHawaii; 05-01-2009 at 03:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Sprint

jaydee33 is a n00b
Re: WinMo AppStore Open for Business (Marketplace)??? Did I miss the memo???

Cool! Can you upload the cab? I'm running a 6.5 rom with marketplace removed and would love to see it in action.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Bold
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

zagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzagguru is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to zagguru Send a message via Yahoo to zagguru

where is the marketplace icon? which rom are you using?
Old 05-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagguru View Post
where is the marketplace icon? which rom are you using?
Yeah I'm using Juicy 7 and he doesn't have the Marketplace icon on my programs list. Where within the Windows folder would we be able to find it?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sweet.

http://www.wmexperts.com/winmo-store-open-business
Old 05-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

I need this app!!! Where's the cab??? Thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 12:12 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

def. up and running. Im running grooveROM on my Diamond

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

someone please upload a cab file i need this ASAP lol
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 05-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It still says "coming soon" for me bummer
dschoenike

Old 05-01-2009, 12:29 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i havent seen a cab file, or an OEM for that matter, but if you can find the OEM file, you can use no2Chems package installer

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives