View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 04:07 AM
MrHawaii
No Mo' WinMo :(

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[CLOSED AGAIN] WinMo AppStore Open for Business (Marketplace)? Did I miss the memo?

[UPDATE] I guess it was a mistake by MS or they were testing it because I can no longer access it. I am using a customized version of Calc's WinMo 6.5 build 21501 ROM from his kitchen. I think it is located in the SYS and not the OEM. The original Marketplace icon was a .lnk shortcut to Marketplace.exe in my Windows folder. The CABs (installation and programs) do not have the option to save just install. I searched to find them in some sort of temp folder with no luck. When I had it installed, I clicked on it and it would just say Marketplace could not connect to the server. I did a hard reset, clicked on the icon and it is again redirecting me to the website saying that it is coming soon. Well hopefully it is coming soon.

If you are like me, than you have been playing with WinMo 6.5 beta roms and have seen the Marketplace Icon. I have opened it numerous times and never paid attention to it because it always said "Coming Soon" or something of the sorts. Today I clicked on it and it said CAB needed to be installed. After install, voila! Marketplace open for business. I already downloaded Pandora successfully. There are not too many fun apps yet and most of them come with a charge. But the layout of the store was very finger friendly and very snappy. If I just missed the memo, please close and disregard the post. Sorry I tried to search and have found other posts of the Marketplace, but none stating that it opened. Can someone with a 6.5 ROM and the Marketplace icon please confirm or deny this?

Last edited by MrHawaii; 05-01-2009 at 03:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.