PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Lurker

soccermarauder is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pandora Internet Radio on Sprint

Just announced that Sprint will offer Pandora internet radio over their high speed networks.

First 30 days is free, and after that it is $3.00 a month

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/23/p...e-with-sprint/

For those of us that know/can run java applets on a Sprint phone this is great.

However being a noob, I wonder, if you have unlimited data on your sprint PPC, then can you avoid the charge by going straight to Pandora.com I guess the trick is gettin the sound out out of the PDA.

Personally , I would LOVE this, because using a car charger , I would have internet radio all over the city in my car
Old 05-23-2007, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Pandora.com does not work on my PPC6700. The site informs me that Pandora is not compatible with my device.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 05-23-2007, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC-6700
Carrier: SprintPCS

sniffs is a n00b
Nope.. it says "Sorry. Pandora does not support your device. Currently, Pandora only supports certain Sprint devices. Please visit www.pandora.com/mobile from a computer for more information."

=/
Old 05-23-2007, 08:30 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
No PPC support imagine that Sprint for got us again
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
It's a step in the right direction. This may be something we need to bring to Pandora's attention.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 05-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

xmind2006 is a n00b
Well actually, since this is a java application, would it be possible to get a copy of the java files and try to run it through the Intent Midlet Java Manager? I've sent numerous requests for pandora to make a java or windows mobile compatible version for some time now. So agreed, this is in the right direction, but not there yet, especially if it is only offered through Sprint.

BTW, the new Opera 8.65 beta will load pandora's player, but the player eats too much program memory and crashes out.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
so

Yeah I just read about this on another forum and it seems nice. They are trying to add more phones daily. I can't wait for the ppc's to hit it. haha

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 05-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
so

Yeah I just read about this on another forum and it seems nice. I wonder if it will work on the treo? Hmm I'm gonna try to get it

*courtney
Old 05-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

soccermarauder is a n00b
Alternate Browser?

does anyone have an alternate browser that supports java?

I wonder if using something other than PIE would work.

If you where able to cruise around in your car streaming pandora over you Treo for free, that would be awesome
Old 07-01-2007, 01:43 PM
djc
Lurker

djc is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to djc
Radio on ppc

have you guys tried Resco Radio for pocket pc?

it is very clean and crash free - allows you to record.

30 days free...WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANY METHODS OF CIRCUMVENTING A TRIAL PERIOD OR REGISTRATION PROCESS CONSIDERED WAREZ...PLEASE BE ADVISED AND READ UP ON OUR ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON WAREZ THANK YOU Yay 4 Juggs

Last edited by Yay 4 Juggs; 07-22-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives