PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6700 Discontinued......

In January, I was just informed, the PPC6700 will have it's EOL. (end of life) In February, it is going to be in Constraint, which means no more ordering from anywhere. Just wanted to let you know if you needed to get another before then.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 01-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: AT&T

jamaa124 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to jamaa124 Send a message via AIM to jamaa124 Send a message via MSN to jamaa124 Send a message via Yahoo to jamaa124 Send a message via Skype™ to jamaa124
thanks for the heads up
Old 01-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Im trying to scan it in

I am trying to scan the form in with all the phones and info. for the new year, but you can't read it. It's not clear. But that's the only PPC getting discontinued. The Blade, Silver Razr, and some more are also going to be discontinued. ~Courtney~
Old 01-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
great info courtney. well done

Old 01-27-2007, 08:44 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Thanks for the information C I am glad I got me a new one a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if that is why they gave me a new 6700 in stead of a referb
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:34 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
What happens if you need to file an insurance claim for a lost or stolen 6700? I'm assuming they'll have extras for this purpose and won't just sent you a shiny new 6800.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Retired Staff

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman
What happens if you need to file an insurance claim for a lost or stolen 6700? I'm assuming they'll have extras for this purpose and won't just sent you a shiny new 6800.
not right away, they wil expend all of the 6700's in stock before you get some type of other phone.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Lurker

xXWRETCHEDXx is a n00b
RE: 6700 Discontinued......

my ppc 6700 died just this wed after many months of hard work and abuse luckily i had a brand new spare still in the box. i wonder what sprint will give me since the phone is still in its warranty.
thanx for the heads up!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

February - Constraint

I believe that what they meant by Constraint is that in February that is when they will have no more ordering period from anywhere. I don't know if they will be out then, but surely if so, you will all get the 6800 if needed.

I do know that by March the status stated on the form that they will be totally cleared out by then. Don't know if this helps anyone, but there you go.

You all are welcome, and this is the first and least I can do to help. I can't wait to start helping out in more ways!!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:28 AM
Retired Staff

whatever info you come across courtney, you can feel free to share it. new phones, new plans, or whatever. that goes for everyone working in the cell industry. spread the word.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives