PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Bluetooth Hands Free with FM Transmitter

Just took delivery of a Parrot PMK5800. Works and play very well with the Mogul. Works as a normal BT hands free for the car but has a built in FM transmitter. When music is playing and a call is received, automatically pauses the music, lets you answer the call either by the push of a button or by voice command. When the call is finished, music resumes from pause point. Controls on the unit let you pause, fast forward or rewind, or change tracks without looking at your device. Also comes with a cable to input non-BT devices (MP3 players). Very cool! Not yet available in the U.S. - actually got mine from the U.K.

Full info on Parrot's website: http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/parrotpmk5800
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PMK5800.jpg (12.8 KB, 45 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID
Carrier: Verizon

nrgetik is just getting started
Any interferance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtndvm View Post
Just took delivery of a Parrot PMK5800. Works and play very well with the Mogul. Works as a normal BT hands free for the car but has a built in FM transmitter. When music is playing and a call is received, automatically pauses the music, lets you answer the call either by the push of a button or by voice command. When the call is finished, music resumes from pause point. Controls on the unit let you pause, fast forward or rewind, or change tracks without looking at your device. Also comes with a cable to input non-BT devices (MP3 players). Very cool! Not yet available in the U.S. - actually got mine from the U.K.

Full info on Parrot's website: http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/parrotpmk5800
Is there any interferance on the radio or "noise" as you accelerate? How is the sound quality? Is A2DP fully functional? Does the callers voice come through the speakers while in a phone call?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgetik View Post
Is there any interferance on the radio or "noise" as you accelerate? How is the sound quality? Is A2DP fully functional? Does the callers voice come through the speakers while in a phone call?

Thanks in advance!
Sound quality is great. No noise or interference on the radio (especially good as I live in a large metropolitan area with very few unused frequencies to pick from). I am using the reg hacks to improve A2DP quality: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5108

Incoming call automatically pauses the music and places the call over the car's speakers when answered. Single button push transfers the call to the phone for privacy. Callers report the sound quality is not as good as with my BT headset (seems a bit noisier and with an occasional echo), but I'm driving a convertible so it's not as quiet in my car either.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID
Carrier: Verizon

nrgetik is just getting started
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtndvm View Post
Sound quality is great. No noise or interference on the radio (especially good as I live in a large metropolitan area with very few unused frequencies to pick from). I am using the reg hacks to improve A2DP quality: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5108

Incoming call automatically pauses the music and places the call over the car's speakers when answered. Single button push transfers the call to the phone for privacy. Callers report the sound quality is not as good as with my BT headset (seems a bit noisier and with an occasional echo), but I'm driving a convertible so it's not as quiet in my car either.
Great! Thanks for the insight. I am definitely going to pic one up. I saw them on Ebay for $109 plus shipping. What was the total direct from Parrot?

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives