PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 07:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
VZW Droid 1 users please stop by

Does anyone know if Asurion is replacing Droid 1 with the same model? Also, what is the insurance fee? Any help is appreciated.

I'm thinking of getting a busted Droid on ebay with a clean ESN and paying Asurion to replace it. Its not for me but for the wife. Im holding out until Nov.

But I would like to get the wife a Droid and get her away from her current phone.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Re: VZW Droid 1 users please stop by

there offering the droid 1 but if its out there offering the droid x or incredible.

are you sure buying a broken phone on ebay would work... it seems like asurain would know somehow... lol, just seems to good to be true....

i think you have to wait a month or two before you can file a claim but im not sure....
if you dont already have insurance you can add it to a phone thats not bought from the vzw store...

good luck!

-david

Old 08-22-2010, 10:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

why not just buy a working droid in the first place? hell, walmart is selling the droid for $49.99 if they have them in stock. i would see if VZN would qualify her for an early upgrade.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:17 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
why not just buy a working droid in the first place? hell, walmart is selling the droid for $49.99 if they have them in stock. i would see if VZN would qualify her for an early upgrade.
Hell, you can get them through FireFly for $20 but there and Walmart and any other place like them for that price require contracts.

Why upgrade her contract now for a phone VZW no longer sells and has phased out when thier new LTE and Droid Pro devices are rumored to come out in Oct/Now? See what Im saying? Thats why I just want to get her something for now and will upgrade later.

When you can overclock the D1 to 1.3ghz, why do you need a D2 for cost? Sure there are a few other differences but they do not make that huge of a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
there offering the droid 1 but if its out there offering the droid x or incredible.

are you sure buying a broken phone on ebay would work... it seems like asurain would know somehow... lol, just seems to good to be true....

i think you have to wait a month or two before you can file a claim but im not sure....if you dont already have insurance you can add it to a phone thats not bought from the vzw store...
When I first started with VZW years ago I had a Chocolate and hated it. So I sold it on ebay and bought a xv6700 with a keyboard that the space bar didnt work. I bought it for dirt cheap and waited a while and filed a claim.

Asurion does not and cannot know the condition of the device from when ever you got it. I just do not want to buy one and files a claim onlt to be told by Asurion they are only offering lesser models.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I wasn't aware that you could pull something like this off since the insurance is only offered when the phone is brand new.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Insurance covers the acct and what ever device is on the acct
Old 08-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Insurance covers the acct and what ever device is on the acct
Well that's good to know.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Yea but only if the phone shows use since activating it on the line. If you can't use it they won't replace it. Good luck scamming the system though. I love seeing deductibles go up every year.
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid