PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tired of my terrible voice service!

I have been dealing with background noise issues for a while now. I have called VZW several times about the issue and they always just offer me a replacement phone. I don't want a replacement phone, I want the voice signal to be fixed.
I randomly get a squealing sound in the background that drives me insane. My 1x signal is never over 2 bars at best. Sometimes I get this noise, and sometimes I don't. Occasionally it will show up in the middle of a call. My other VZW line works flawlessly everytime so I don't really think it's the service.
They are offering me a brand new Droid now, but like I said before, I don't want it if it isn't going to fix the problem. They are unable to open a trouble ticket because of my location. What's the deal? Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 05-19-2010, 06:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Tired of my terrible voice service!

Got to be something going on with either the system or your phones. Occasionally I will get an echo affect on my phone calls but most times they are perfect even when I go down to 1 bar of service (though bars do not accurately measure true signal strength). I would tend to think it is a system issue and not the phone though but I'm not an expert at this kind of stuff.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 05-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Got to be something going on with either the system or your phones. Occasionally I will get an echo affect on my phone calls but most times they are perfect even when I go down to 1 bar of service (though bars do not accurately measure true signal strength). I would tend to think it is a system issue and not the phone though but I'm not an expert at this kind of stuff.
Thanks BW. I spoke with VZW again today and they said that too many apps running in the background causes the phone to devote less power to the voice service. I don't know how true that is, but if I kill everything before I make a call, the calls sound good. Is there a good auto killer?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:21 PM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
Thanks BW. I spoke with VZW again today and they said that too many apps running in the background causes the phone to devote less power to the voice service. I don't know how true that is, but if I kill everything before I make a call, the calls sound good. Is there a good auto killer?
I'm using minfreemanager on aggressive. This keeps a specific amount of memory free. You can give that a try and see if it helps. Otherwise I don't use an auto killer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

*king* is becoming a great contributor

Why dont you just take the replacment, then you could atleast rule out a device issue.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:27 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *king* View Post
Why dont you just take the replacment, then you could atleast rule out a device issue.
If I remember correctly he has already had a couple of devices.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yeah... 5 total. If I can't resolve it with a process manager, I'll have to take the new one.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

*king* is becoming a great contributor

I see in the orignal post i wasnt clear if the device was replaced previously. Thats strange that they cant open a trouble ticket, did they say why exactly ?
Old 05-20-2010, 02:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *king* View Post
I see in the orignal post i wasnt clear if the device was replaced previously. Thats strange that they cant open a trouble ticket, did they say why exactly ?
Because I live in a remote area in New Mexico that VZW doesn't cover. I am actually 100% on Sprint's network. They wouldn't let me out of my contract when I moved here even though there is no coverage. They can't open a trouble ticket because they have no control over Sprint's network.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I gave in today and let them send me another freakin' replacement Droid today. They offered me every other phone they had, but I don't like an other as well. They told me to try this 6th Droid out and if it doesn't work as well, the next one will brand new or any other new phone of my choice. The representative gave me a direct number to reach them at. We'll see how it goes I guess.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid