PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
Re: Fathom Roll Call

Waiting on mine to arrive from ebay...

Mint condition just no battery, but won the phone for 25 bucks.

Upgrading from order of first winmo device to last: HTC 6800, Samsung i760, HTC 7380 then LG VS750 hrmm I keeping skipping over to a non htc device. Hope this is the last one!

Then it's service possibly onto metroPCS or AT&T GoPhone Prepaid.

Windows Phone and Android can wait on me, because I'm a die-hard Windows Mobile user. LoL
Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

Looks like I'll be a lil late checking in on the roll call list. LoL

Received my new LG Fathom and well I should actually say my LG Paperweight...

I took a gamble on an as is auction for the phone in perfect physical condition, factory stickers and seals still on all the buttons and screen, but no battery and the phone was donated without a battery to the sellers business.

But oh well it was only 25 bucks, I can get a mint condition refurbished one for twice that amount and 20 to 30 bucks extra for a 1 or 2 year warranty...

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 12-01-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Looks like I'll be a lil late checking in on the roll call list. LoL

Received my new LG Fathom and well I should actually say my LG Paperweight...

I took a gamble on an as is auction for the phone in perfect physical condition, factory stickers and seals still on all the buttons and screen, but no battery and the phone was donated without a battery to the sellers business.

But oh well it was only 25 bucks, I can get a mint condition refurbished one for twice that amount and 20 to 30 bucks extra for a 1 or 2 year warranty...
WOW sorry to hear about that.
Did you find a battery to put in it and it charged but won't boot?
It wasn't a DEMO, was it?
They usually have to claim if it is.
But form what I have followed here is that you got the phone and were looking for a battery.
If you want to sell it for parts, I'm interested.

PM me if you want...

Rest in Peace Baby Brother..[8-7-10]...
And They Better Watch Out For RICOCHETS!!!

Last edited by cac2us; 12-02-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
WOW sorry to hear about that.
Did you find a battery to put in it and it charged but won't boot?
It wasn't a DEMO, was it?
They usually have to claim if it is.
But form what I have followed here is that you got the phone and were looking for a battery.
If you want to sell it for parts, I'm interested.

PM me if you want...
Yea I bought the standard KGIP-400V Battery brand new off ebay, and a dual mode charging/syncing usb cable... Tried the usb cable in both a ac adapter usb plug in wall plug and plugged in the computer all day... Phone appears to be as a dead and unresponsive as a door knob...

Nope it's the actual real phone...

At least I've got good exterior, if I ever need anything to replace or swap out for something thats cosmetically bad. hahaha

Yea I might sell it for parts to help chip in for however much extra for the factory refurbed phone I found.

When I get my camera back from a friend I'll take and upload pics for ya... I ordered a AC Adapter wall plug in as a last resort and am gunna try that before I give up all hope on this dud. LoL

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 12-03-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192

If it doesn't show something when you plug it in (with or without battery) then it's probably bad.
I just tested this by pulling the battery from my Fathom and pluggin it into my PC. It tells me that I need to insert the battery.
Good luck finding another Fathom though. They're pretty cheap now, and it's completely worth it.
On a side note, I got a Manilla 2.5 ROM built with some updated files. Still working on it though. Won't have much time until after next week to start again though due to finals.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Yea I bought the standard KGIP-400V Battery brand new off ebay, and a dual mode charging/syncing usb cable... Tried the usb cable in both a ac adapter usb plug in wall plug and plugged in the computer all day... Phone appears to be as a dead and unresponsive as a door knob...

Nope it's the actual real phone...

At least I've got good exterior, if I ever need anything to replace or swap out for something thats cosmetically bad. hahaha

Yea I might sell it for parts to help chip in for however much extra for the factory refurbed phone I found.

When I get my camera back from a friend I'll take and upload pics for ya... I ordered a AC Adapter wall plug in as a last resort and am gunna try that before I give up all hope on this dud. LoL
I found that some cables don't play nice with the Fathom.
I misplaced my LG cable so I use my HTC one.
Worst I had was a "Warning" but it still charged.
When you plug the phone into the pc, does the charge light come on?
When the unit is powered down and you plug in the cord, the unit will turn itself on.

If the battery is not present, it will notify you to install a battery.
If the battery is there but dead, it should start the phone and charge it.

Keep us posted as to what happens...
Old 12-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
If it doesn't show something when you plug it in (with or without battery) then it's probably bad.I just tested this by pulling the battery from my Fathom and pluggin it into my PC. It tells me that I need to insert the battery.
Nothing at all either way...
Quote:
Good luck finding another Fathom though. They're pretty cheap now, and it's completely worth it.
I already got one lined up, its a couple posts up near the top... Trusted high feedback seller, 50 bucks free shipping manufacture refurbished, 70 bucks with a one year warranty or 80 for a two year... I'll prolly get the year warranty, just to be safe since I'll most likely be flashing it's rom.
Quote:
On a side note, I got a Manilla 2.5 ROM built with some updated files. Still working on it though. Won't have much time until after next week to start again though due to finals.
Sweet, I'd really love to hear more about this!!!

Quote:
I found that some cables don't play nice with the Fathom.
I misplaced my LG cable so I use my HTC one.
Worst I had was a "Warning" but it still charged.
When you plug the phone into the pc, does the charge light come on?
No LED light display when plugged to my wall charger usb socket plug or when plugged into any of my pc's...
Quote:
When the unit is powered down and you plug in the cord, the unit will turn itself on.

If the battery is not present, it will notify you to install a battery.
If the battery is there but dead, it should start the phone and charge it.
Never knew that... Just tried it as well and nothing at all.

Quote:
Keep us posted as to what happens...
This cable I ordered off ebay, it fits and all and says it was made for it. As a last grasp at trying to see if it's alive or dead I ordered a wall charger...

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 12-04-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192

Quote:
Sweet, I'd really love to hear more about this!!!
I'll see if I can finish updating my site this week between cramming and homework and I'll upload a Manilla 2.5 ROM. It's based on the HTC Leo kitchen Manilla so it should work well.
I've also pondered updating the Outlook and Email to the latest version (native threading) which will also make the no-Arcsoft MMS patch work much much nicer.
Besides that, it should be quite stable. It's a nice thin ROM right now, which suprised me because it has Manilla on it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:25 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I'll see if I can finish updating my site this week between cramming and homework and I'll upload a Manilla 2.5 ROM. It's based on the HTC Leo kitchen Manilla so it should work well.
I've also pondered updating the Outlook and Email to the latest version (native threading) which will also make the no-Arcsoft MMS patch work much much nicer.
Besides that, it should be quite stable. It's a nice thin ROM right now, which suprised me because it has Manilla on it.
That makes sense to me since manila stays in the windows directory so it doesn't take any of the USABLE storage space available. How big is the bin file itself?
Old 12-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Got the charger today from San Fran Cali and still nothing when plugged in. No lit led's or anything... So I might sell it to someone for spare body parts, when I get a chance to take good pics of it and upload them...

I'm ordering the factory refirbed phone tomorrow with a 1 year warranty.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom