PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 05:35 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Drellisdee Whitestone Beta 23549 & 21896 3/26/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcesq06 View Post
I had the same issue with beta 4.0 with swype when trying to link contacts with facebook. Other than that, I had no issues with the new swype.
Swype as default sip just hung me on a soft reset. Its still buggy and will be removed next time till we get a better pkg. For now if you use it expect a little instability and occasional hang or just use the regular keyboards.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

caveritt is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Swype as default sip just hung me on a soft reset. Its still buggy and will be removed next time till we get a better pkg. For now if you use it expect a little instability and occasional hang or just use the regular keyboards.
Just went back to the one80one swype version and everything seems to be working better. Can't live without swype now.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Lurker

nukezdoc is a n00b

Update on my music tab issue: After cross checking with other threads it seems that this is an issue with Sense 2.5 itself. What happens is that while the song plays, HTC Music checks Gracenote for album art (the spinning circle in the upper left corner). Then (I'm guessing) some error happens that stops playback if you don't have the right album cover or whatever. I'm going to flash beta4.1 in a couple of minutes and delete all the album cover jpgs from the My Music directory and see if that makes any difference.

I guess one solution would be to cook the 2.1 or 2.0 music tab into future ROMs (I have no clue at all if that can even be done- the experts can call me a n00b), because those versions don't have the Gracenote feature. But... if I'm the only one with this problem, I won't cry too much if I don't get my way.

In any event, thanks for the input and I freakin' love this ROM!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

schomberg is a n00b

Drellisdee, loaded the 4.1 ROM today, very good except I have almost no storage memory. I find that RSS hub takes up a ton of space and on the stock ROM I used S-K Tools to move the application to the storage card. The problem is that only the programs installed on my card show as installed (that's all I see in the WM remove programs screen as well) so I cannot select it to move it. Any idea why the pre-installed programs loaded with the ROM do not show up in either place.

Also, having difficulty getting the keyboard out of the way in some programs. Where I used to just hit the keyboard button again and it would dissapear, now it brings up the settings.

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

Flashed to Beta 4.1 (6.5.x) and it's just as smooth and clean as Beta 2. HTC Messaging seems to be pretty OK for some reason, perhaps it's because I have no messages now? Music tab is still useless, playback stops/stutters every few seconds. Will check into previous poster's info about Gracenote, but I had this problem with Sense 2.0 as well

I still have some soft-reset lock up issues, and had a lock-up on my first attempt to flash to 4.1 (locked on tri-color screen), but that's not a big deal to me, if I'm soft-resetting the device, I'm "there" to make sure it boots up properly. Absolutely no lock-ups/issues once it boots successfully, and that's the most important thing.

Overall, I'm still a huge fan of this ROM. HUGE. FAN. It makes my Imagio 100% better, and I'm very very grateful for your effort, Doc.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:33 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Just downloaded 23549_Beta4.1 and flashed it. So far so good, but there are some oddities with button placement, for example, when an SMS comes in, the only active button is DISMISS, no option for delete, mark as read, anything.

Also, when in HTC Messaging, viewing an SMS, there is no BACK button, instead, the BACK button has been changed to SEND. This is pretty inconvenient...

So far, those are the only 2 things I have noticed!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

loaded up 6.1 to check it out. blazing fast!
will keep it on for a little while to see if i can get used to it again.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

spoke a little tittle too soon ... in Beta 4.1 (6.5.5) the Start/Lock button isn't working for me like it didn't in Beta 1. It's grayed out at all times. I may have done something wrong, but all I did was install new slider and the custom taskbar that I've been working on, and they both worked fine in Beta 2 as-is

edit: re-flashed 4.1 and did nothing else, the round lock button at the bottom as well as the similar back arrow when you go into Settings both worked. I must have broken them on my own somehow. Sorry! (I re-installed/re-configured all the same things and it still works!)

Last edited by djp952; 03-27-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PthPndr is just getting started

So I had an odd issue today. I tried to edit a contact and change her picture to one from my storage card, When I did and clicked done, the phone would just hang. After the edit would finally finish the phone became pretty unresponsive and I had to do a soft reset.

And I could reproduce it by trying the same thing.

Last edited by PthPndr; 03-26-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X

sensatti is becoming a great contributor

Great work on this rom drellisdee, really nice. I noticed one issue with kinoma play not playing sound with any video clips and was wondering if anyone else that uses it has this problem. I thought it was an issue on kinoma's end but it works when I flash to a different rom. Other than that I really like this one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development