PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

cbaty08 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrading from 3.37.77 to 3.42.50.. will it mess GPS settings?

Hey guys,

I am running NFSFAN's v13 rom and have 3.37.77 radio goin on it... wanted to upgrade to the newer one through the SD method.

If I do the SD method, will all of the work I did for the AGPS fix and all be wiped?

I know I read settings would be saved as a hard-reset isn't needed, but I just wanted to double check before I opened up a can of worms!!!!!

Thanks guys.

EDIT; or is it even worth it?

Last edited by cbaty08; 08-18-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Upgrading from 3.37.77 to 3.42.50.. will it mess GPS settings?

Are you not getting a very good signal? If you think you will get a better signal, fewer dropped calls, or faster data then I say it's worth it. If you are already getting a good signal and not having dropped calls then I would say no. "If it aint broke...Don't fix it"
Old 08-18-2009, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I hear you on that one Doc....

Only real reason I guess was to get a better signal inside really...

I have read some people able to get locks with the GPS inside, doesn't happen for me. They must just be lucky or in a THIN building?

Anyways... I guess everything does seem right.... outside I my DL speedtests are maxing out at around 8-900kbps..... is this right??????
Old 08-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Yeah, although it just depends on how good your carriers coverage is in your area. Those speeds sound right on for an average cause evdo speeds are supposed to hover around 800kbps. I can def get gps locks inside but I have sprint. I seem to remember a thread on here where people were posting their performance, what radio they were using, carrier, and where they were so I would look for that and maybe you can compare your results. But, like I said if you are inside and you are getting a strong signal (2-3 bars or more) then I really doubt you will see any improvement.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks a lot for the advice doc.....

Another quick question.... Rev-a (not quite sure what it is) is built in to all the newer roms right?

I am just trying to get the best outta what I got if you catch my drift!!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Yeah sure, I understand. Yes, Rev A has been around long enough now that it is pretty much a given. Basically RevA was an upgrade put into radios and the cdma system to increase speed. Although some areas are still not compatable with RevA it is much more available now.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Yeah sure, I understand. Yes, Rev A has been around long enough now that it is pretty much a given. Basically RevA was an upgrade put into radios and the cdma system to increase speed. Although some areas are still not compatable with RevA it is much more available now.

Right on, thanks doc....

Hey... what are you running with to get 2338 kbps?!?!?!
Old 08-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Well, actually I am using the stock 6.1 rom but I have tweaked and trimmed a lot of the fat off of it by reg editing out a lot of things that I thought were not needed. I have done a lot of trial and error and benchmarked to come up with my setup. I assume a lot of the stuff I have done is done by chefs when they cook and setup their roms. I got most of the hacks and tweaks from the registry hacks and tweaks thread for the Vogue.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Alright, I will look deeper into it there. Thanks for your help once again doc.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

You are very welcome.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue