PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good workToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Info disappearing and Exchange not Syncing

Greetings,

I am hoping someone here can try to decipher what may be causing this issue on my HTC Touch.

First off, some basics:

I am running the stock 6.1 ROM, have only done minimal registry hacks (touch sensitivity and GPS tweaks) and don't have anything too goofy on the device. I do run SPB Shell 3.0.1.

I have not installed or deleted anything within the past few weeks, and definitely not since this issue has arisen.

Here is the issue:

My Exchange server does not want to sync all the information to my device like it should. I can add appointments or contacts on my device, and it will sync with the Exchange server and show up on the PC and vice-versa, however, occasionally, emails will either reappear on my device after deletion on the device (it isn't registering on the server) or will remain on the device after deletion on the PC. Appointment reminders will not clear off the device either, once they have been dismissed on the computer. My original thought was that something wasn't syncing between computers (i have my work computer, my laptop at home and my Mac at home all syncing, along with my phone all simultaneously), but i've had that setup going since i got the phone with no issue. The other loop is (and this is why i suspect that it's device related) is that after a soft reset, all SMS messages dating back to the last soft reset all disappear. It's almost as if there is a "device.exe" crash, without the crash. I've had that error pop up in the past and this type of behavior takes place. I'm not sure what "device.exe" does, but it's almost as if once it crashes, no information is retained. This is the type of behavior I am seeing now, but I am not getting the error message.

I know this is probably extremely confusing, and I can usually sniff out a problem on my own and resolve it, but this one has stumped me. I am trying to avoid the dreaded hard reset, so I'm hoping someone on here can decipher my gibberish and lend a hand.

Cheers
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Info disappearing and Exchange not Syncing

First of all, check in your email settings on your Vogue and make sure you have selected in the email settings that when you delete an email or message that said message is deleted off the server and not just moved to a folder for deletion. I think the default is the latter meaning that when you delete an email from your device it is not deleted off of the server and thus it shows up when you access your email account on a regular pc. Also if you are syncing with a pc or laptop keep in mind that activesync and mobile device center consider the data on your Vogue to be the most current. So when you sync, however the data is on your Vogue then that will be duplicated on the pc you are syncing with. So maybe that could be contributing to both issues. Good Luck! Hope I helped at least a little.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good workToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the response. All of that stuff was checked though. I ended up doing the hard reset, and it has been a nightmare from the start.

Oh well...back to square one.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Well, sorry to hear you had to hard reset but sometimes hard resetting every once and awhile can do good things. I recently had to cause I did something stupid and a hard reset was my only option. So did the hard reset help?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Well, sorry to hear you had to hard reset but sometimes hard resetting every once and awhile can do good things. I recently had to cause I did something stupid and a hard reset was my only option. So did the hard reset help?
Yea, as far as I can tell. Everything seems to be syncing as it should, and after soft resets, all information appears to be in tact. I am going to agree with you on the fact that the hard reset will do good things...it's just such a pain

Anyway, thanks again for the speedy response.

BTW, nice avatar. You play?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
crash, htc, sms, touch