PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch
Carrier: USCC

gjbnh is keeping up the good workgjbnh is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Turn GPS onand Off

What are people using to turn their GPS on and off. I'm using BAF GPS Toggle, and HTC GPS tool. I'm not real happy with either. BAF is a Today screen plugin, which is covered up by Pointui, and HTC Gps tool slows down my whole phone when I used it. I would really like some program I can tap on and off. Thanks guys. I've searched but haven't found anything other than these 2.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

crobs808 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to crobs808 Send a message via MSN to crobs808 Send a message via Yahoo to crobs808 Send a message via Skype™ to crobs808
Re: Turn GPS onand Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbnh View Post
What are people using to turn their GPS on and off. I'm using BAF GPS Toggle, and HTC GPS tool. I'm not real happy with either. BAF is a Today screen plugin, which is covered up by Pointui, and HTC Gps tool slows down my whole phone when I used it. I would really like some program I can tap on and off. Thanks guys. I've searched but haven't found anything other than these 2.
My solution to you would be do not use PointUI. I use HTC Home 2.1, and BAF GPS Toggle works great
GPS: TomTom v7.915 (v830.2323 Maps)
Old 07-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
I use the second today app which adds a second today screen, you access it by the task manager and it allows all the plugins to be used that can't be used with titanium running. don't know how well it works with pointui. and I use BAF gps toggle with it, the combo of the two (without using pointui) is the best and easiest I have ever used. I have the second today posted here
Old 07-13-2009, 06:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

I just leave mine on, or just go to the standard wm toggle.
But I am starting to use vjay volubis or whatever its named,
I like that app.
Very usefull, and if my memory serves me right,
he has that option also.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:41 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

GPS Toggle doesn't really turn gps on and off. It just shows your signal strength when you turn it on. It is just a visual thing. It can show that gps is off and you can pull up an app that uses gps and gps works so it really does nuthin.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900) dual boot Android
Carrier: Money Grabbin' Verizon

inertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to inertone

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
GPS Toggle doesn't really turn gps on and off. It just shows your signal strength when you turn it on. It is just a visual thing. It can show that gps is off and you can pull up an app that uses gps and gps works so it really does nuthin.
they should rename it to GPS Viewer, lol
Old 07-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
it is used as a primer so if you leave it on it is pulling the gps all the time so when you open an app that uses gps, that app doesn't have to prime the it and you can start using it right away without having to wait for a lock. it is a visual thing and it keeps the gps primed and ready to use at any time with any app that needs it.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well,I like Pointui, and would prefer to keep using it. I'll ditch it as a last resort, but would hate to as it's one on my paid for apps.

Cody bear, I've not heard of vjay volubis. Could you post the proper name, as a google search for that tern didn't return any good hits. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Well,I like Pointui, and would prefer to keep using it. I'll ditch it as a last resort, but would hate to as it's one on my paid for apps.

Cody bear, I've not heard of vjay volubis. Could you post the proper name, as a google search for that tern didn't return any good hits. Thanks.

you can find it at his website here I believe http://www.vijay555.com/forum/
Old 07-14-2009, 08:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Gee the programer does not appear to to have been supporting the product since 2007, and nothing on the site says anything about supporting GPS. On top of this, it works from a command line prompt. I know how to use one, but something a bit more user friendly is really what I was looking for. I think I'll pass on this one.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue