PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 05:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia - HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility - Telus Mobility

chrispipe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ads now in WLMessenger?

I sign into WLM today on my mobile (wasn't really working yesterday at all, possibly due to some server-side "upgrades" to enable this crap) and I'm greeted with an advertisement for Dell Computers in the bottom portion where open conversations go. So I sign out, and back in, and now it's telling me to go see the Watchmen. Someone say this is an April Fool's joke and tomorrow they will no longer take up the little space I have for conversations in this CHAT PROGRAM for advertisements.

Anyone else experiencing this? Did this start before today and I was just lucky enough to avoid the ad-plague until now? Save us all.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Ads now in WLMessenger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispipe View Post
I sign into WLM today on my mobile (wasn't really working yesterday at all, possibly due to some server-side "upgrades" to enable this crap) and I'm greeted with an advertisement for Dell Computers in the bottom portion where open conversations go. So I sign out, and back in, and now it's telling me to go see the Watchmen. Someone say this is an April Fool's joke and tomorrow they will no longer take up the little space I have for conversations in this CHAT PROGRAM for advertisements.

Anyone else experiencing this? Did this start before today and I was just lucky enough to avoid the ad-plague until now? Save us all.
i havnt tried it but i heard they were suppose to do that like a month ago if u dont want that i that u have to find a older version

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 04-01-2009, 05:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia - HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility - Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

chrispipe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
i havnt tried it but i heard they were suppose to do that like a month ago if u dont want that i that u have to find a older version
Would ANYone want that? Are they at all targetted advertisements? Even so, that's what billboards and search engines are for.

I have Windows Live version 10.6.0051.0900 for comparison's sake.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:33 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

use palringo... it rocks! (and join the ppcgeeks group)

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue