PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 05:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Rumor
Carrier: Sprint

l0versareliarsxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how do i flash a verizon htc touch to work on sprint service?

i think the title explains it all. i have been on a mission and let me tell you, it has been a mission, trying to get my old verizon htc touch to be flashed so i can use it for sprint. i called sprint numerous times begging the techs to unlock my phone, but they refuse. they say it can't be done. im not stupid. they can do it, they just are not supposed to do it.

so eventually i stopped calling and started searching the web. it brought me to this forum. i leave you all with this question...

is it possible to flash a verizon htc touch and have it work on the sprint network? if so, is it possible to do this myself? can i do it without shelling out any money? i mention the money factor because i have found websites that are willing to flash the phone for me by remote access if i give them the esn. but im not willing to pay for something im sure eventually ill find the answer online.

please help me. i am really pulling my hair out with this one.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

TonyDiv is just getting started
Re: how do i flash a verizon htc touch to work on sprint service?

This question has been answered more times that I can count. Sprint won't activate any phone that isn't in their ESN database. A Verizon phone won't be in that database.
Although it is technically possible to make it work, the amount of work (changing esn's, reflashing and making data work) is way more trouble than it's worth.(oh, and illegal, too) And I'll tell you that just by the very fact that you're asking this question, you don't possess the skills necessary to do all that.

The touch is cheap now, sell your old one and get a Sprint version. You could probably also just work out a trade with someone, believe me for every person who want's to go from VZW to Sprint, there's someone who want's to do the exact opposite.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:06 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDiv View Post
This question has been answered more times that I can count. Sprint won't activate any phone that isn't in their ESN database. A Verizon phone won't be in that database.
Although it is technically possible to make it work, the amount of work (changing esn's, reflashing and making data work) is way more trouble than it's worth.(oh, and illegal, too) And I'll tell you that just by the very fact that you're asking this question, you don't possess the skills necessary to do all that.

The touch is cheap now, sell your old one and get a Sprint version. You could probably also just work out a trade with someone, believe me for every person who want's to go from VZW to Sprint, there's someone who want's to do the exact opposite.
Well put... You don't call "begging techs to unlock the phone". CDMA is different than GSM unlocking to work on another carrier. And while it is posible to change ESNs and stuff, you do not have the knowledge to perform such operation. We do not give out that kinda info here either...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Rumor
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

l0versareliarsxx is a n00b

i think the point of a forum is to share helpful information with each other. maybe i have that wrong. so please excuse me for not wanting to sit here and read EVERY SINGLE POST. i had a simple question that needed answering. no reason to be rude and attack me. i didnt realize it was ok to totally down a person for asking help on unlocking a phone. i might not know all of this technical cell phone crap, but i have basic knownledge and if i was pointed in the right dirrection, i am fully capable of following instructions on how to do something like.. for example. unlock a phone. the internet provides us with a way to download music, movies, and software for free. does it take a rocket scientist to do that? no.. i dont think so. so i think i had every right to ask a question. while i appreciate you answering me, it wasnt necessary to be rude about it.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0versareliarsxx View Post
i think the point of a forum is to share helpful information with each other. maybe i have that wrong. so please excuse me for not wanting to sit here and read EVERY SINGLE POST. i had a simple question that needed answering. no reason to be rude and attack me. i didnt realize it was ok to totally down a person for asking help on unlocking a phone. i might not know all of this technical cell phone crap, but i have basic knownledge and if i was pointed in the right dirrection, i am fully capable of following instructions on how to do something like.. for example. unlock a phone. the internet provides us with a way to download music, movies, and software for free. does it take a rocket scientist to do that? no.. i dont think so. so i think i had every right to ask a question. while i appreciate you answering me, it wasnt necessary to be rude about it.
i understand how you feel alot of times ppl here can just be d*cks instead of helping you but that doesnt reflect everyone here or even a portion some ppl will just rather insult than take the time to help. That being said heere is something that i hope can help. check out this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22587
Old 03-13-2009, 02:21 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrycka79 View Post
i understand how you feel alot of times ppl here can just be d*cks instead of helping you but that doesnt reflect everyone here or even a portion some ppl will just rather insult than take the time to help. That being said heere is something that i hope can help. check out this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22587

Derry, that is the oposite of what he wasnts to do. And I hope you were not referring to me... Anyways, the point has already been made, and I still don't think this guy quite understands about swaping out phones... Unless you are going to clone an ESN, or you know someone on the inside and can add the ESN, it isn't gonna happen. Find someone to trade with and be done with it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue