PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 04:14 PM
N00b

raymondh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Child Proof a Touch

I am upgrading phones from a Touch and would like to give the Touch to my 10 year old son. He's had a Sanyo phone for a little over a year. The Sanyo phone has a restricted mode that allows incoming and outgoing phone calls and text messages to only work for numbers in the address book. Further, the address book has a lock on it for adding entries.

I know it's way over kill for a 10 year old to have a Touch but it's either that or it goes into a drawer with my other PPC phones. Are there any programs out there that can effectively lock down the phone?
Old 02-17-2009, 04:30 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Child Proof a Touch

dude, i don't wanna squander your way of thinking, but your son does not need all those blocks, he will not do anything bad

Old 02-17-2009, 04:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raymondh is a n00b

It's not just him. His mom and I are divorced and before I put the locks on his current phone, she used it for many many many minutes (I don't have unlimited) so it's to keep her honest too.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Shawng2020 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondh View Post
The Sanyo phone has a restricted mode that allows incoming and outgoing phone calls and text messages to only work for numbers in the address book. Further, the address book has a lock on it for adding entries.
What Sanyo phone was that, with all the lock features. That sounds perfect for my son, I'm in similar situation like you. I have a son and I don't want to get a phone, for his mom to use all the time, cause she can't keep her own.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raymondh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawng2020 View Post
What Sanyo phone was that, with all the lock features. That sounds perfect for my son, I'm in similar situation like you. I have a son and I don't want to get a phone, for his mom to use all the time, cause she can't keep her own.
SANYO SCP-7000 that I picked up on ebay for under $20.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:01 PM
The Hibster

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community

K i guess that makes sense... unfortunately I know no apps
Old 02-17-2009, 05:12 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I wish someone would have given me a Touch at 10 years old. Even now I would like one... Anyways. Sorry I don't know of any. Usally people who own PPCs are adults or very responsable kids, so writting an app like that is sorta useless.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would just leave him with the phone he has, in all reality its just what you are looking to give him except its not the touch.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:21 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raymondh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
I would just leave him with the phone he has, in all reality its just what you are looking to give him except its not the touch.
Yeah, that's probably what I'll do. It's just that I JUST got a new Touch (insurance replacement) but I'm getting a new phone so it seems a waste. I guess I'll throw it on ebay.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:29 PM
The Hibster

see if any devs here want it, cuz touchs lost their resale big time
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue