PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 11:50 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Putting Sprint Touch on Verizon???

Ok, I called Verizon and asked if i could use a Sprint Touch on their network. They said that they fill out a form and it takes like a week. So I bought a Sprint Touch (cant stand the iPod white verizon one). I went to my Vz store today, they said it cant be done.

they called "their" support people, and they said it cant be done. So i left the store laughing because the rep said i sould just get a Crapberry, i literally laughed in his face. he wasnt too happy about that

So i leave the store and call Vz customer service and speak to tier 1 data dept (only ones willing to help) they said that they cant find the form, as nobody has requested it.

So is there a way to get a Sprint Touch onto Vz?
ive seen some stuff for the touch pro, but i know some of the programs and files might be different.

Any help much appreciated.

Help Me Help You
Old 02-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Putting Sprint Touch on Verizon???

Please take a look at this http://www.sprintmogul.net/Default.a...orumtype=posts

and yes it does work for the Vogue...This thread will link you to other threads that will help you trouble shoot any issues http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46518
Old 02-11-2009, 12:44 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Threadstarter

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks for the info, guess i looked right over it when searching. sorry
Old 02-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Chillin'

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Google was how I found it...Its all good your welcome!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
Ok, I called Verizon and asked if i could use a Sprint Touch on their network. They said that they fill out a form and it takes like a week. So I bought a Sprint Touch (cant stand the iPod white verizon one). I went to my Vz store today, they said it cant be done.
You could have just bought a whole new shell from ebay for like $23-35.00
that's what I did because I hate the look of the Vz white one and it cracks too easy. but you already bought it so probably too late now.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:47 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Threadstarter

I was going to do that, but the deal i got on this was too good to pass up. ive dropped my phone enough to make it worth getting it. Plus gives me an excuse to customize something again
Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Threadstarter

ok, so how do you get the phone in to diag mode when there is no service on the phone? or is it in diag mode and im just not realizing it?

im still trying to work on this issue. basically, since there is no service to the sprint phone, i cant get it into diag mode. so the drivers for QPST wont load. any suggestions? ive searched all the posts i could find regarding switching the Vogue to VZ, but none say how to get into diag mode when the phone does not have service on it. All i get is a recording saying the account could not be validated.

Last edited by piranah; 02-12-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel w/Sprint phone

njkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you've got the stock Sprint rom on the phone make sure your dialing ##3424#. Sprint adds the extra # at the end.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:49 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Please learn to search before posting. You are not the first one to have this question. Load a PRL for Verizon change the MIP for Internet. Dial *228 and option 3 to go through the junk.

You don't like the "iPod" white color? I love that phone. The Sprint HTC Phones, except for the Diamond and Pro, looked uglier than Verizon's, IMO. The 6700 looked better in black, the 6800 looked better in blue with different button design, the 6900 looks better in a plastic white. Just a matter of opinion though.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:06 AM
Chillin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Please learn to search before posting. You are not the first one to have this question. Load a PRL for Verizon change the MIP for Internet. Dial *228 and option 3 to go through the junk.

You don't like the "iPod" white color? I love that phone. The Sprint HTC Phones, except for the Diamond and Pro, looked uglier than Verizon's, IMO. The 6700 looked better in black, the 6800 looked better in blue with different button design, the 6900 looks better in a plastic white. Just a matter of opinion though.

You know this is the op of the thread you are kinda being rude too...like as a community can we all be respective instead of judgemental!!!
Can we just be a little more respective and helpful and a little less judgemental. Sorry but I feel this way.

Last edited by hooover; 02-13-2009 at 04:09 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue