PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch

nexusgrey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
touch gps

Hey folks i have a couple of questions i hope you can help me with.
I have the Sprint Touch with the Rev A ROM version not a bunch of other apps on it and my first question is the GPS, does not always find the phone. I have read that it is suppose to locate the phone quickly but i wait more than 2 mins sometimes and some time it doesnt find the phone at all. I use the google maps app. I changed the com ports and I dont know if that has anything to do with it.

2nd question. What are all of the new upgrades for the wm 6.1

3rd question. there is a Icon on my home screen that looks like road. Its doesnt do anything when I touch it. What is it for,and will it work with the offical rom update?

Last question. Now This one has nothing to do with the Rom I hope but when i take a picture I have to save the picture to the device insted of the SD card. Now when i first got my phone I did not have this problem but I had to do a hard reset one time and I think that is when it happened. If I take a picture and have it set to save to the storage card the picture will show up when i reveiw it "THE FIRST TIME" it says its in the "/Storage card/dcim/100media (which if I looks for the file it is not there) but it i leave the camera app and go back the picture is gone,or I see a black box where the picture was and when I click on it, its says it "cant read the format" when I try to delete it, it says "media is in use" so I have to leave the camera app and go back and it is gone. Now something that I think may have something to do with it is the fact that I have folders on my storage card that I cant get rid of, I dont know how they got there but I cant delete there and they say there are system files but there is nothing in them some of them have names like "@******..." the *'s are squares, and there are like 3 others that are just letters and shapes. Anything you folks have would be most helpful.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jeiyuu is keeping up the good workjeiyuu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: touch gps

1. Depending on your rom/radio, you still may need to use a primer. I would recommend GPSViewer. I believe that when you use GPS, it will remember the last location you were at. So if you use it from home to go point A, and you turn it on again from home, googlemaps is trying to locate your device around point A (which can contribute to the more then 2 minute locks). Using a primer will help. Check this post http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24979

2. The only real noticeable upgrade to the system is the threaded sms. There are a bunch of behind-the-scenes changes, such as the GPS being enabled and upgraded radios, but other then that, not much else to my knowledge.

3. The icon on your screen is most likely suppose to lauch Telenav. Which is the Sprint GPS program, it's great and you can try it out for free for 2-3 days. If you have an unlimited data plan, it may be include, if not I believe it is $9.99 per month. It will work on the official rom upgrade, if you are on a custom rom, the chef may have not included the app which is why the button does not work.

4. Almost all the new roms will save camera pics to SD by default. You just need to make sure you hard reset after installing, and that the SD card is in the phone.

Good luck!

If I helped you in any way, be sure to say
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:47 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Cool Re: touch gps

i had the same exact problem with my pictures. drove me crazy! sprint says its bad mem. card. i just copy pics from main mem. to card a paste them there,or if want to develope them i use usb. coul you pm me about your gps rom if you have time to answer a few ?s thanx
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue