PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 04:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aau007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LocationSetting in registry

So, in the latest leaked Touch ROM, you have to leave Location Setting to "On" in order for the GPS to work.

I located the registry value, hklm/software/oem/phonesetting/locationsetting for turning Location Setting on/off. When "on", ItemValue1 is defaulted to 0 and when "off", ItemValue2 is defaulted to 3. I changed the itemValue2 to 2, soft reset the phone and set the Location Setting to "Off" and GPS will work.

Does anyone kow what exactly does ItemValue 2 and 1 do? The default value of 3 seems to turn off the entire GPS functionality in the Touch and 0 leaves everything on. Wonder how 1 and 2 differ.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Re: LocationSetting in registry

you can just set location via settings...personal...phone...location no need to be in the reg if you dont know what you're doing...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

aau007 is a n00b

That's not what I am going down with. I am trying to get GPS to work as standalone as possible but realize that without the Location Setting to 'On', GPS will not work.
Found this value in the registry and just wonder how different value affects the Location Setting "On/Off".
Old 07-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

the difference comes based on the position of the switch so to speak...if you go into the settings and tell it 911 only...then the reg only allows it to use current value "2" or what ever...
Old 07-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

One thing I've noticed is that after a soft reset, the location display in the phone app shows as disabled. If you go into the phone settings, it'll be set to ON. If you 'ok' out of the phone app and go back into the phone dialer, the location setting shows that its on.

I'm trying to find a reg setting that ensures its on after a soft reset. Even though the setting is showing ON, it appears to be off until you go into the settings.

After a soft reset on the leaked Sprint ROMs, I cannot get GPS to work until I go into the phone settings to make the Location logo display enabled.

I've had this issue on every Sprint OEM ROM and most custom ROMs.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

asuman1179 is a n00b

I am having the same issue with location in the phone app showing as disabled. Just want to jump on thread to see if other have found the solutions with the Sprint OEM Rom. Thanks
Old 07-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Nothing yet. I looked at those reg settings and they both show 0 and 3 both after a soft reset and after getting the symbol enabled by going into the phone settings.

So in phone settings it shows ON, but after a soft reset its not really on until you go into the settings and OK the option.

So somewhere on a soft reset that setting is actually switching to OFF even though the settings on the screen show its ON.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gdbear is a n00b

Any update on if anyone has found a fix for the HTC touch defaulting to location = disabled on soft reset, and having to go into the location settings of the phone and clicking OK to make google maps and the like work?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh

Code:
;Enable Location Service (GPS)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA]
"GPSOneSetting"=dword:0     ;3 = OFF

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Closed Thread