PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Vouge (Alltel)

csterner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Alltel will not unlock

Help!!

I have the Alltel HTC Touch with the rev a update shipped from the factory (it was a warranty replacement for my first touch that was junk). I am trying to unlock the phone to load a newer rom but when I run the 2.31 unlocker my phone does not show an spl of 0.36 but of 2.01. The unlocker fails everytime when I try to install it. The phone came with the rev a update already installed, I say this again because I can not find the pre rev a rom to flash to and then start from scratch. My goal is to unlock the phone and install a custom rom with the gps utility already built in with no need to use a gps viewer. Does anyone know of this problem or have the original pre rev a alltel rom release (in exe format please)? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Update... I have the old rom in nbh format. I am not sure how to get this to an exe format so I can install it once I have ran the orginial coke unlocker tool and reverted the spl to .40 from 2.01. Any suggestions??

Last edited by csterner; 07-11-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HTC Touch Alltel will not unlock

you flash the nbh file, carriers only pack it in an exe so you only have to click one icon and your phone updates. i guess i dont know why you would want to flash an old rom on an alltel phone, there the only OFFICAL carrier to have rev a/gps radio right now in the states, and if you flash to a non-gps radio you can brick your phone... if you are using vista you might have a problem with ruu not working but there is a fix, please use the search for this.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

csterner is a n00b

I am wanting to flash to the old Alltel Rom because I can not install the coke 2.31 unlocker tool, it fails every time. When I read the thread on how to install the tool (which I did sucessfully on my old touch) it says that the red green blue screen should read an spl of 0.36, but mine reads 2.01 before I ever beging to try and install the 2.31 unlocker. This is why I want to flash back to the old alltel rom with the original coke unlocker tool. I am using XP also....
Old 07-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

have you searched the hard-spl post?
Old 07-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

one last quick note why not to do this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN View Post
This state is called download mode, i have 2 devices stuck in it and am working on a solution. It appears that the new GPS radios are protected from overwrite and some attempts to revert can cause this situation. My signature shows the way it happened for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
ImCokeMan already answered it for you. His phone is bricked end of story. The causes are RED light means battery is dead or device is bricked. If the device will try and load new drivers when you put the battery in, then the phone is in download mode. This is a base level EEProm flash to flash a core system boot loader, note the J-tags also need replaced on the ROM. The only people with a way to fix this right now is HTC until a few kind people I asked to try and get one from HTC come through "doubtful" or ImCokeMan figure it out. So till then the device is bricked. The other options is RED light and no drivers try to load then the ROM fried and the phone is a paper weight.

Repeat because it seems to be needed, there is NO BOOT LOADER on his phone anymore!

As stated flashing 3.35 with 2.4SPL and Special_4350.nbh or flashing 3.35 to 3.27 can/will cause bricking.
This comes from the mogul forum

Last edited by zeurx; 07-13-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

csterner is a n00b

Thanks, this is interesting. Well would you know of a way to use ImCokeMan's new unlocker tool on the new Rom that Alltel already had on my phone when they shipped it? I want to install a custom rom but I can not until I figure out how to get this phone unlocked. It was much easier with my last vogue since it came with the old rom shipped on it. My new one works great at the moment, just no GPS

Last edited by csterner; 07-14-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

fldash is a n00b

Hi, I just got my Alltel phone and it's updated to the following:

ROM: 3.04.671.2
Radio: 3.37.10
PRL: 30031
SPL: ??? (no idea, how do I get this?)

Based on this thread, I'm assuming that I can't unlock it which means no custom roms. Is that correct? I'm also assuming people are working on 'resolving' this so that it can be unlocked. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch; HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Cahl is a n00b

Are you getting to the ROM update program when you go through the unlocker process? On my old Touch, I ran the unlocker once, all was well. One my new one (had to swap for the Burgundy) I had to run it twice which I think was more due to me not paying attention. I have run the unlocker on about 4 Alltel Touch's and a Sprint Touch now, all with success. If you are still able to boot the phone, I would just run it again and not watch scrubs while doing so. (that fixed it for me )
Old 01-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mrpostmansav is a n00b

hey -
I have an ALLTEL HTC TOUCH ( i enjoy my phone and have never had any problems in the 18 months of use, except this recent 2016 text glitch ) - of course, Verizon has bought ALLTEL, so now I have a grandfathered " Alltel " rate plan ( which is MUCH CHEAPER ) with my ALLTEL device. I recently wanted to get a new Verizon phone and stay on my Alltel plan. They allowed me to do this but told me I cannot have all of the features available on the phone activated, since it is on an Alltel plan. I refuse to convert since it's $50 more a month for a comparable plan, but still LESS FEATURES than I currently pay for. I returned my new phone and had my old HTC TOUCH reactivated on my account. My main question is - are there ANY BENEFITS to my trying to " unlock " this HTC TOUCH device ? I don't plan to change carriers or rate plan anytime soon. My main issue is the internet/data seems to run VERY slow on this device....
thanks, and any input is appreciated !
Old 01-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Another old thread brought back from the dead! lol

You will have to decide for yourself if you want to unlock and flash. Yes, custom roms will offer performance increases over the shipped state. Take a look at some of the screenshots of the roms in the Vogue Upgrades Forum and decide if you want to take the plunge!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue