PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 03:17 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3rd Screen that has gone bad! Am I Unlucky?

Today my perfectly working Touch with the Sprint Almost OEM gps/Rev a Rom stopped working. The screen no longer responds. A hard reset brought me too the Align Screen which it was stuck in. I have downgraded back to original radio and Sprint 6.0 Oem rom. Still stuck on the align screen. Time to get a new one at the Sprint Repair Store, thank you TEP. Sucks though because it was customized perfectly. This happened with 2 Apaches before, upgraded me to a Touch and now it has happened again. Am I just the Unluckiest PPC owner or what? It seemed to stop working out of the blue. I have dropped it in the past but it had remained working. I hope there's no limit on the amount of phones I can have replaced because this curse is following me.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: pre, diamond
Carrier: sprint

kellybrf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: 3rd Screen that has gone bad! Am I Unlucky?

yes, you are
Old 07-10-2008, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

lisat96 is keeping up the good worklisat96 is keeping up the good work

Do you carry them in your pocket? If so, it might be worth investing in a case that protects the screen. I learned that lesson the hard way with my first PDA and haven't lost a touchscreen (knock on wood) since I started carrying them in cases.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:22 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71
Threadstarter

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I've always carried them in cases. Had the Touch in the stock case, then switched to a different one when I got an extended battery. The one I switched to does have a magnetic clasp to hold it closed, could that affect the screen. If so, why do they sell them. I can't remember if the stock Touch case has a magnetic clasp, but I think it does?
Old 07-10-2008, 04:52 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It does.. I switched to this it works great.

Thanks T M Z

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27455
Old 07-10-2008, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

lisat96 is keeping up the good worklisat96 is keeping up the good work

I don't think it's the metallic clasp. All my cases so far have had them. It was pressure that took out the touchscreen that I lost (someone sat on my purse and I had the PDA in a soft pouch). In that case there was a flex circuit that was attached to the digitizer screen. One of the traces was damaged. Sometimes a damaged trace can continue making contact until the circuit flexes again and the trace comepletely gets separated. I haven't taken my phone apart, so I don't know if this screen has a similar circuit.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue