PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

BlindRacer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
T9 only inputs numbers

My problem is that my "Touch Keypad" that I use for T9 input, is only inputing numbers. Whether I'm on the 'abc', '123', or 'XT9', it always just inputs the number of the key I press. Is there an easy fix for this? I usually text with this. Please help asap, thanks.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: T9 only inputs numbers

Switch to a different input method then switch back. i believe you can switch then switch right back. if not then switch and send a message then switch back. if that dont work, then soft reset and you should be all good.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b

This started happening about 3 days ago. Since then, I've tried all of the different input methods (cause my usual wasn't working), and I've downloaded and installed 2 different keyboards; along with two soft resets. It's still happening. Any ideas?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

mikemogren is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindRacer View Post
This started happening about 3 days ago. Since then, I've tried all of the different input methods (cause my usual wasn't working), and I've downloaded and installed 2 different keyboards; along with two soft resets. It's still happening. Any ideas?
This has happened to me also, but seems to have fixed itself... maybe try reinstalling the keyboard and making sure the language is correct... not sure beyond that
Old 07-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor

I have the same problem as well. My thought is that now that they separated out the full QWERTY password keyboard, some fields will only accept input from the full qwerty but not from the Xt9 layout. FOr example, input in pocketplus icon changing and renaming dialog.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 07-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Banned User

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmobilelawyer View Post
I have the same problem as well. My thought is that now that they separated out the full QWERTY password keyboard, some fields will only accept input from the full qwerty but not from the Xt9 layout. FOr example, input in pocketplus icon changing and renaming dialog.
That is true, you trying to type in a password field? or does it happen in every program everywhere?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
That is true, you trying to type in a password field? or does it happen in every program everywhere?
It only happens in fields where the password layout used to pop up automatically in the old rom. Such as PocketPlus, password fields, text inputs in oper browser, etc.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Banned User

Yes i know, i was asking the thread starter
Old 07-09-2008, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b

Only place I've noticed it is in texting sms. I've been using qwerty for most other inputs. I'm sure it's happening in more places though, too. It's the stock verizon rom with only a few tweaks and a few programs.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:33 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Can you check something? Goto: Start Menu -> Settings -> Personal -> Lock

If you change the password type from "Simple PIN" (numeric) to "Strong alphanumeric" (alphabet + numbers) see if that effects your problem any where else.

You should be able to notice in the "Lock" app, that it will change the keyboard from numeric to alphanumeric...I don't know if the fix involves setting a password for your phone or not, but that may be a start to finding a regedit if it works!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 07-09-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue