PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Os X Ruu

Does anyone know of an RUU for OSX (Leopard)? I'm stuck in a hospital and only have my gf's macbook and I would KILL to be able to flash a new rom to entertain myself.
Unfortunately, I only have my 4gb sd card, so I can't even do an sd flash through the bootloader.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore
Re: Os X Ruu

i wonder the same thing but think it is pretty close to impossbile to do this
Old 06-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I've got missing sync working, and I can get an RUU to run in WiNE, but I don't think the RUU detects the phone since I believe WiNE runs in more or less a separate instance.

Another idea I had was to do it in the linux side of OSX...so if anyone's done that, information would be useful too!

Last edited by Red49er; 06-01-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Telus

Soul_Est is keeping up the good workSoul_Est is keeping up the good work

As far as I know, you can only do this in Windows in a virtual machine of some sort as Linux in a virtual machine running the RUU under WINE can still brick your machine. I recommend using Sun's (previously InnoTek) VirtualBox. It's free and it did the trick for me when I decided the flash my phone from my MacBook. Hope it helps and if you have any problems, feel free to PM me. Get well soon and hope to see you again on the forums!

-Best regards,
Soul_Est

Various tweaks and programs found on XDA-Developers, PPCGeeks, MoDaCo, and WinMo-Experts forums.

Thank you to all the experts who enlighten us on the ways of enhancing our phones beyond the norm.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:02 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

I doubt you can do that but happy hunting. I heard linux is coming out with something though

Old 06-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Est View Post
As far as I know, you can only do this in Windows in a virtual machine of some sort as Linux in a virtual machine running the RUU under WINE can still brick your machine. I recommend using Sun's (previously InnoTek) VirtualBox. It's free and it did the trick for me when I decided the flash my phone from my MacBook. Hope it helps and if you have any problems, feel free to PM me. Get well soon and hope to see you again on the forums!

-Best regards,
Soul_Est
Sweet, thanks for the tip. I've been trying to download xcode 3.0 because I read somewhere that minicom (linux version of mtty) could be used to format an sd card. (My lovely girlfriend found my UNformatted 512 mb card so I've got many a partial solution now lol)

Edit: Yeah, a 26.33 mb download is much preferred over a 1.03 gb download...here's to hoping google has all the info I need to do the flash with VirtualBox.

LOL. Totally forgot I have to download an xp image. Guess I can hopefully finish it up in the morning.

Last edited by Red49er; 06-01-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well I finally got it, so thanks for the ideas.
Ended up having to use VMWare Fusion because the way virtualbox reads usb ports hasn't been updated to the new filesystem being used (I'm on leopard, I dunno when it broke).
Old 06-02-2008, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

varunb007 is keeping up the good workvarunb007 is keeping up the good work

isn't there a way to flash a new rom from the sd card? i recall people talking about it in a few threads... might want to do a search for that and see if you can find some tips. i think that's what people do when a rom they flashed doesn't load properly and they need to reflash.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Telus

Soul_Est is keeping up the good workSoul_Est is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunb007 View Post
isn't there a way to flash a new rom from the sd card? i recall people talking about it in a few threads... might want to do a search for that and see if you can find some tips. i think that's what people do when a rom they flashed doesn't load properly and they need to reflash.
You're definitely right. This thread here will help:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25441

I apologize for assuming that you hadn't flashed the unlocker yet. That said you will need a utility that will format the card in FAT32 not FAT16 as the bootloader will NOT read cards formatted in FAT16 (I've tried and failed). I'll see what I can come up with later in the day. Hope the info helps.

-Best regards,
Soul_Est
Old 06-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yeah the problem was I couldn't format it to fat32 cuz i had osx and no card reader. But no worries! I got it all set once I "obtained" vmware!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue